The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an IT Project Manager in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Initiates, plans, executes, controls, and closes assigned technology projects delivered via the standard processes of AHA's project methodology. Oversees the development of initial and revised detailed scope, project plans, cost estimations and forecasts of associated resource and scheduling requirements. Provides analysis and consultation to determine project requirements and scope. Partners with BT solution designers and others involved in the project intake process to position project approach correctly. Structures and monitors project activities to completion to ensure adherence with project plan, budget and scope. Resolves issues and supports project progress through direct interaction with team members between meetings. Develops project documentation and deliverables in accordance with the project management methodology and ensures audit trails are in place for each project.
- Ensures internal customer understanding of and satisfaction with project delivery processes. Maintains effective communications with supervisor, project sponsor and all facets of the AHA, including Affiliate staff and board members, if necessary, to ensure project status and issues are known. Identifies, establishes and maintains excellent business relationships with internal and external team members. Ensures project closing tasks such as lessons learned are completed with feedback provided to BT leadership for process improvement opportunities as well as coordinated follow-up actions across project managers for process improvements.
- Leads efficient handling of change management activities: Provides timely information, minimizes issues or obstacles, and facilitates or coordinates appropriate resources. Establishes change control procedures to evaluate and communicate scope changes. Escalates as needed.
- Ensures organizational alignment of technology delivered by understanding, communicating and addressing enterprise standards and approaches including technical architecture, legal regulations, compliance and other governance points during project life cycle.
- Manages financial aspects of projects: Tracks utilization of project resources and costs to ensure adherence to project budget estimates as well as required budget reporting. This includes showing project time/costs/resources for the life of project if multi-year. Ensure projects are completed within the assigned and approved budget as previously agreed through project planning or that any necessary changes are approved by VP level or above.
- Partners with operational system manager to ensure ongoing operational resources needed (time, staff) are identified and estimated.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, related area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with line of business software concepts, systems and capabilities.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in project management in a business or technology environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Project to manage projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to explain complex, technical concepts in simple business terms.
- Demonstrated competence and success in prior assignments.
- Meeting facilitation skills (in-person and virtual.
- Ability to facilitate work in the most efficient manner possible.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge and understanding of Fundraising Technology and Solutions.
- End-to-end understanding of business processes, organization, and techniques.
- PMP Certification
Jul 27 2019
Aug 27 2019
American Heart Association | American Stroke Association