The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Temporary Intern position in our Innovative Solutions team at our office located in Dallas, TX.
This role will focus on solutions being developed in the AWS cloud solution environment. Functions include but are not limited to, data analytics, interpreting data requests, building visualizations, requirements gathering, analysis and documentation all within the AWS environment. An ideal candidate will demonstrate good understanding and knowledge of dimensional data modeling, Data Warehouses, reporting techniques and modern analytic software. This position will collaborate with many other Business Technology departments regarding operations, project management as well as third party developers and AWS consultants.
- Learn to apply services within the AWS service catalog to create visibility into the metrics and data associated to a specific AHA, innovation project being developed on this platform.
- Learn to create reporting dashboards both for user interfaces and aggregated metrics for internal AHA use and Scientific analysis.
- Assist in the development of the entire AHA enterprise application being created.
- Proficiency in visual presentation and analytical software (Tableau, SAS, Power BI or similar) with the ability to design complex dashboards using all tableau functions including data blending, actions, parameters, etc.
- Knowledge of common query languages such as SQL.
- General knowledge database development, management, and quality control methods.
- Ability to take the initiative and assemble creative, technical solutions.
Non-essential but desirable Technical skills:
- Experience with AWS analytic services such as: Athena EMR CloudSearch Elasticsearch Service Kinesis QuickSight Data Pipeline AWS Glue MSK
Knowledge of Java based development languages: