The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Executive Assistant who will support the Vice President of Voices for Healthy Kids (VFHK) at our National Center office located in Dallas, TX .
The Executive Assistant is responsible for planning and executing projects to ensure the efficient and effective overall utilization of Association resources.
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar of appointments and makes arrangements for committee meetings, department/staff meetings, task force, working group meetings, and/or council leadership committee meetings. Performs record keeping as needed. Prepares agendas and support materials for these meetings as needed.
- Prepares and processes all correspondence. Proof reads, duplicates and distributes all such correspondence, reports, presentations, transparencies, etc.
- Manage project timelines and deadline compliance, while effectively communicating project statuses and related information as required
- Coordinates calendars, appointments, meetings and conference calls with volunteers and other National Center staff; provides agendas and support materials for scheduled appointments.
- Successfully completes multiple duties and projects while managing competing demands and priorities.
- Utilize vendor and/or AHA systems (e.g. E1, COI, Seibel, etc.) efficiently and competently to complete duties/projects.
- Contributes to departmental goals by maintaining ongoing working knowledge of department's budget, policies, and procedures.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in business administration, office procedures, complex executive correspondence and meeting coordination.
- Advanced skills in one or more Microsoft Office application such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel along with the ability to train others on system usage.
- Accounting experience and excellent math skills, including the ability to analyze numbers and to reconcile accounts.
- Excellent skills in written, oral and interpersonal communication, including business writing.
- Ability to conceptualize, reason through problems, make effective decisions, and develop alternative solutions.
- Must have the ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, and meet deadlines, but also work in a team environment and interact with industry, staff, volunteers, and public.