As the Director, Corporate Giving, you are a critical member of the development team that generates funding and support for the strategic priorities and programming of Teach For America Dallas-Fort Worth (TFA DFW). Specifically, you will manage all elements of our corporate giving stream, which plans to raise $1M towards our overall annual goal of $10M. By successfully raising $10M annually, the development team enables TFA DFW to reach more than 75,000 students on a daily basis in North Texas. The successful candidate is someone who: believes deeply in TFA’s national and regional vision, is invested in the unique impact that successful donor partnerships have on our work, is a strong communicator and relationship builder, and is exceptionally well-organized and detail-oriented.
The Director, Corporate Giving will be the primary lead for managing corporate partnerships and securing approximately $1M from corporate donors annually, and we seek to grow this funding base over time while providing high-level engagement opportunities for corporate volunteers. You will report to the Managing Director, Institutional Giving and work hand in hand with the entire TFA DFW development team and regional staff to meet the organization’s $10M fundraising goal.
Cultivation of Corporate Funding Partners (60%)
- Manage a multi-year pipeline towards the goal of raising over $1M annually from corporate funders.
- Serve as primary portfolio manager for the corporate giving portfolio.
- Develop and execute cultivation strategies to increase investment and engagement of current funders and grow our base of funding partners.
- Strategize with the Individual Giving team to cultivate individual funders from within corporations.
- Lead prospect strategy for corporate giving.
Grants Management (30%)
- Generate revenue through developing, preparing and submitting compelling, high-quality corporate grant proposals.
- Manage corporate engagement strategy, including volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Serve as point of contact to colleagues on TFA national corporate partnership teams.
- Work with relevant TFA staff, corps members, and alumni to manage progress and track data towards specific grant requirements over the course of the fiscal year.
- Enter and maintain relevant data in donor database.
Be an Active Member of the Regional Team (10%).
- Participate in and support all-staff responsibilities, such as corps member selection and matriculation, corps member professional development Saturdays (4-5 per year), staff meetings, functional team meetings and retreats, and Summer Institute.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience required.
- Prior development experience and/or experience with grant writing and management preferred.
- No previous TFA experience required.
- Thrives in fast-paced, demanding environment with exceptional organization and detail-orientation.
- Meets goals, deadline-driven and detail-oriented.
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, high level of personal responsibility and ability to think independently.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, and development database programs.
- Commitment to Teach For America’s mission and core values.
- Ability to travel around the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Occasional work required on nights and weekends.