The American Heart Association (AHA) has a great opportunity for Procurement Contract Administrator in our Procurement Department, to be based at our National Headquarters in Dallas, TX
The Contract Administrator/Buyer will manage assigned procurement contract activity including those with moderate to high risk to business units. This position will interface with multiple levels of professionals in review and preparation of contract documents.
- Review and process requests for vendor contracts through the Ecteon contract management system; ensure project scope is defined and that terms and conditions comply with appropriate regulations and corporate policies
- Be the point person as needed for communication with Legal and business teams for resolution of vendor contract issues and requirements.
- Manage modifications and change orders in support of business unit requirements, as well as all other aspects of day-to-day subcontract administration
- Provide guidance to internal business teams and staff on procurement/legal policies and procedures; train and develop business unit staff to submit contract requests and required documentation
- In coordination with the Strategic Sourcing Manager, assist department project managers in the preparation of specifications, scopes of work for sourcing activities, including Requests for Proposal;
- Perform tasks with a high level of internal customer service to provide business teams the proper guidance for procurement actions
- Manage supplier relationships including conducting performance reviews
- Professional certification such as C.P.M., CPSM, CPCM, CFCM or other affiliated certification is preferred.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience in purchasing of services, vendor contract administration, contract development/reviews, project management and supply management in a corporate environment.
- Requires knowledge and experience with vendor contract processes as
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and collaborate with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with MS Office, JDEdwards, Sharepoint and contract management software.
- Knowledge of placing vendor contracts under Government grants