The Waccamaw Youth Center is a 24-hour residential program, providing around the clock care for teenaged males in the custody of Department of Social Services. No staff lives in the center, yet scheduled staff are present at all times.
The Executive Director position is full-time, with salary and benefits, including health insurance, paid time off, and agency contribution of 401-K benefits. Average working hours would be a minimum of 40 hours per week, with schedule determined by workload.
- Hire, supervise, support, and consult with staff
- Conduct annual performance evaluations on lead staff members and ensures compliance with evaluation timelines for all staff
- Assist in the development and implementation of organization-wide, log-term strategic planning and periodic reviews
- Assist in the evolution of personnel's professional development as it pertains to their role in the company
- Assist the Board of Directors with development of organization's governing policies
- In conjunction with the Board Treasurer, Assistant Director of Operations and Development, and Bookkeeper, develop and monitor annual budget under the supervision of the Board of Directors
- Monitor residents' records to ensure quality documentation regarding academics, activities, behavior, health, and treatment
- Represent WYC at speaking engagements and actively participate in promotion of the agency
- Assist with and carry out fundraising events and community awareness projects
- Ensure compliance with all DSS regulations, state license, and organization membership requirements
- Work to form collaborative community partnerships with other agencies, businesses, churches, etc.
- Monitor and manage referral and intake process of new residents
- Assist Lead Staff with development of initial comprehensive care and on-going follow-up of residents
- Oversee discharge planning for residents
- Ensure a 24-hour on-call crisis response system is in place and is evaluated periodically
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and carry out various tasks leading to required outcomes
- Ability to cultivate a team culture
- Knowledge of characteristics of adolescents
- Ability to form and maintain relationships with adolescents
- Experience in a child residential institution preferred and/or related field
- Required to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certification
The Executive Director position is a full-time salaried position, compensation negotiable, dependent on education and experience. Additional compensation includes health insurance, paid time off, and agency contribution to 401-K.
Executive Director reports to a Board of Directors via monthly meetings and continuous ongoing communication and reviews.
Current staff includes an Assistant Director, Administrative Assistant, two lead mentors, and nine mentor staff.
Currently there is an interim Executive Director, and the hope is that the position can be filled within the next 60 days.