Manager (FIAPM) is responsible for the design and implementation of the Faith in Action (FIA) Program and activities that have a goal of increasing participation from local faith partners in supporting the mission of PPHFH. The FIAPM will support the formation of partnerships and relationships with houses of worship, some of which have longstanding relationships with PPHFH and some of which will be new contacts for the organization.
The FIA Program seeks to engage faith groups in six main elements: 1) construction and ReStore volunteer recruitment, 2) collaboration on our Interfaith Build for Unity, 3) raising awareness (need for affordable housing and constraints), 4) global engagement, 5) financial support, and 6) prayer support.
The FIAPM provides leadership to the Faith Relations Committee. As necessary, the FIAPM will recruit and supervise interns and volunteers to help with FIA Program efforts.
Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
- Develop and implement regular outreach strategies to introduce faith organizations to Habitat for Humanity
- Develop and implement regular relationship building strategies with faith organizations already participating with PPHFH
- Develop and implement regular communication strategies for the FIA Program
- Plan and implement annual faith-based event strategies (Interfaith Build for Unity, etc.)
- Explore the interest level of local faith organizations in potential Global Village projects, develop options for addressing their interest/needs, and implement programming
- Provide staff leadership to the Faith Relations Committee
- The FIAPM applicant/team member shall be:
- In agreement with the job description
- In agreement with the work plan and measurables
- In agreement with the policies and ethical guidelines of PPHFH, the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Donor Bill of Rights
- Accountable to the DOD
- And perform other projects and tasks as may be assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including being an articulate speaker who is comfortable with public speaking engagements at faith organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish, build, and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse faith beliefs, colleagues, board/committee members, and volunteers
- Respectful of individuals from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds and able to treat their beliefs with dignity
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and time management skills as well as attention to detail.
- Experience with creating realistic three-year plans and supporting strategies/tactics
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with limited supervision, willing to handle concurrent tasks and make appropriate judgments and decisions
- Understanding of private philanthropy as it relates to not-for-profit organizations and knowledge of fundamental disciplines of resource development
- Ability to ensure that volunteer and donor appreciation is an essential component of our everyday work
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Performs as a team player and comfortable in an ecumenical environment
- Flexibility to work longer hours, evenings and weekends as needed
- At least two to three years of development or program/volunteer management experience in a not-for-profit environment (including working with relationship management software – Bloomerang preferred)
- Familiarity with the local faith community and religious organizations
- Passion and calling to engage the local faith community in PPHFH’s mission
- Experience working with committees and volunteers (including knowledge of committee development and volunteer recruitment/mobilization strategies)
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a good driving record
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must pass a background check