Lead a team of professionals who work with National Product donors to create, manage and implement donation programs that benefit Feeding America members food banks, agencies and the clients we serve. Help product donors understand Feeding America Network’s organizational structure.
Create strategies to improve existing donation programs by increasing donation yields, product category expansion and program execution. Work with product donors and Feeding America network members to identify opportunity and address program disconnects. Work closely with Corporate Partnerships, Strategic Development and all SC Teams to build out network capacity.
- Responsible to develop and implement strategy to grow the retail and manufacturing donation strategy within the Feeding America network of food banks.
- Research, develop, test, implement and manage new projects that secure food and products from all segments of the retail and manufacturing industries.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Capabilities Team to provide technical assistance, food sourcing training in leveraging the benefits of a collaborative regional agri food raising model.
- Research, develop, test, implement and manage innovative new projects that will secure food products from untapped sources across the grocery and manufacturing Food Industry Supply Chain.
- Track department progress with regards to; food donations, category trends, company trends, projects, and nutrition goals.
- Supervise and motivate team in setting goals and creating programs with donors that assist Members with the procurement of food product donations from the retail and manufacturing food sectors.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Capabilities Team on the development and of training tools that will assist members with identifying, educating and servicing donors.
- Engage collaboratively with Supply Chain, Customer Service, Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, Government Relations and other internal functions to achieve food and product donation outcomes as defined by the Feeding America strategic plan.
- Build and maintain relationships with key trade associations.
- Maintain strategic relationships in the grocery and manufacturing industries and strengthen the Network’s status as a preferred recipient of food and grocery donations.
- Coordinate food purchasing efforts in the field with the Product Sourcing staff. Ensure Food Purchasing efforts yield beneficial outcomes for the Network.
- Define and manage department budget as it applies to direct reports.
- Lead or support Feeding America national learning conferences as needed to ensure maximum value of content for network.
- 15 years’ experience managing a sales and marketing force within grocer or manufacturing industries
- 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management in Retail or Manufacturing industries
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Coaches and Develops Talent & Teams - Demonstrated experience building strong teams, including the coaching and development of customer service professionals.
- Collaborates internally and externally – Ability work across Supply Chain teams, across other FA teams and Food Bank teams.
- Fosters Innovation – Proven ability in reimagining work processes and ability to lead network in new and innovative channels particularly in the transportation arena.
- Inspires, Motivates and Influences Others – Proven ability to influence others with and without supervisory responsibility.
- Establishes vision & and crafts strategy – Sets the stage for communicating a clear vision of the future state and develops strategy to achieve that end state vision.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Strong management experience leading effective cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of how functional roles work within partner organizations; ability to translate into actionable insights and partner strategies.
- Ability to analyze and quantify the economics of decision making Food donors (decision to sell to secondary market, donate or dump unsellable product).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.