To provide analytical and process support for the transportation process and operations.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Setup and manage the carrier scorecard process and monitor service levels to ensure performance statistics meet expectations.
- Manage the development and communication of the various weekly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure vendor contract requirements are established, administered and enforced at all times.
- Manage the relationship with our TMS provider, including identifying process improvements to ensure that they are aligned with the changing needs of Feeding America.
- Assist in developing transportation strategies, across multiple modes, that support the growth of all food streams by lowering transportation costs and at the same time maintaining excellent pickup and delivery service levels.
- Constantly look for process improvements in logistics and transportation processes to lower cost and/or improve service for the organization.
- Maintain and update various databases that are integral to KPI and Scorecard creation.
- Provide support during our RFP (Request for Pricing) process, including collecting shipping information, analyzing rates and making carrier award recommendations.
- Travel for offsite meetings on an as needed basis.
- Participate in inter-departmental projects as directed by Senior Manager, Transportation.
- Participate on task forces and other special projects on an as needed basis.
BA/BS or relevant experience
- 3-5 years in a supply chain role
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Leverages Functional Expertise - Ability to translate best practice supply chain logistics to a network food recovery/distribution model.
- Continuously Improves – Constantly seeks better ways to operationalize transportation, seeks feedback from others, and operationalizes improvements.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to identify internal FANO stakeholders, network stakeholders, and donor stakeholders and manages differing expectations with tact.
- Understands Our Business – Ability to translate supply chain logistics practices to a non-profit, networked model.
- Operates with Integrity – Seeks to understand what is in the best interest of the people we serve and drives work accordingly.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of meeting deadlines and follow-up.
- Strong analytical skills (Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access or similar tools).
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Aug 14 2019
Sep 14 2019