Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of over 4 million annual receipting transactions. Prepare, maintain, distribute training materials and provide training for proper receipting across all Feeding America members’ ERP systems. Lead network initiatives to minimize receipting issues that have direct implications on FANO’s and member’s financials. Identify member receipting issues and make recommendations for correcting FANO ERP data as well as advise members on process improvements to minimize future receipting problems.
- Write and edit receipting documents including SOP’s, flow charts, training materials, presentations, HungerNet pages, newsletters, emails and webinars. Manage the review, approval and distribution of all materials as identified.
- Provide training directly to member food banks to ensure compliance and education across the network.
- Collaborate with various network teams to assure alignment across all receipting initiatives. Gain input and develop plans to assist members with proper receipting practices. Network teams to include but not limited to FANO Information Technology, Finance, Member Engagement, MealConnect, Supply Chain Sourcing, Reporting and Analytics, and Food Banks, member sharing groups, and state associations.
- Work with Vice President to draft communication materials and messages for targeted network
- audiences. Measures effectiveness of communication materials and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Work closely with network ERP providers to gain a complete understanding of each systems receipting functions.
- Monitor food bank receipting for timeliness and accuracy. Report all issues to appropriate leadership and provide recommendations for correcting and preventing future issues.
- Identify opportunities for different or new reports and dashboards which present receipting data in more helpful formats. Also Identify repetitive or redundant tasks, across the department, that can be automated or otherwise made more efficient.
- Travel to individual food banks, food bank group meetings and FANO conferences to inform participants on good receipting habits.
- 5+ years of experience in adult education or writing/editing/proofreading
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Leverages Functional Expertise - Ability to translate best practice supply chain logistics to a network fleet needs
- Translates strategy to operations goals. – Adept at taking theoretical needs from various stakeholders and providing a suite of solutions
- Understands Our Business – Ability to translate supply chain logistics practices to a non-profit, networked model
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to identify internal FANO stakeholders, network stakeholders, and donor stakeholders and manages differing expectations with tact
- Operates with Integrity – Seeks to understand what is in the best interest of the people we serve and drives work accordingly.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into materials and messages that are simple, clear and actionable
- Strong team player interested in collaborating with multiple stakeholders to produce the best result while possessing a willingness to learn from others
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, deadlines and high-volume, meticulous work within a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. HTML skills a plus