Responsible for all stewardship activities supporting Feeding America’s interactions with general/managed donors and manage processes for responding to donor escalations. Manage strategy for the organization’s contact centers and monitor the effectiveness of our vendor partners in this space, focusing on donor retention, satisfaction, and enhanced engagement.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of shared processes to support relationship managers in stewarding their prospects and donors.
- Supervise philanthropy operations department coordinator, work schedules and project timeline flow through proactive planning and ongoing assessment.
- Recommend and implement overall strategy for the organization’s contact centers and monitor their effectiveness in this space, focusing on donor retention, satisfaction, and enhanced engagement.
- Maintain and recommend improvements to call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Collaborate with direct marketing and major gifts teams to identify opportunities to optimize our engagement level with donors including regularly reviewing standard scripting, mid-level ambassador program scripts and communication touch points.
- Prepare call center performance reports by analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Develop, maintain, update and audit scripts for call center vendors, including during times of emergency/disaster or heightened media presence.
- Identify and escalate donor leads to proper relationship managers as appropriate.
- Monitor Feeding America’s social media accounts and website to respond to donor inquiries. Utilize technology to help automate some of the initial responses.
- Serve as subject matter expert for donor stewardship and engagement functionality within philanthropy.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Oversee the creation, completion and management of the daily in-house acknowledgment process, including serving as subject matter expert in acknowledgment query requirements and logic.
- Review all acknowledgement letter creative on a quarterly basis, determine messaging and strategy, and work with Communications to ensure letters are varied and accurate.
- Support revenue streams with special stewardship processing as needed.
- Maintain acknowledgment and stewardship needs related to the Salesforce CRM system, including training, testing, and development of use cases during product enhancements and upgrades.
- 5+ years’ experience in constituency/revenue management or fundraising operation
Required Leadership Competencies
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders through verbal and written materials, emails and presentations.
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Ability to proactively and independently manage all aspects of fundraising donor stewardship, including strong skills / experience with data maintenance and customer service.
- Manages for Results – Strong project management skills necessary to manage and coordinate multiple relationships and projects.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to collaborate across a variety of internal departments as well as with a wide range of external stakeholders.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Experience with record maintenance in a database.
- Strongly prefer background in nonprofit philanthropy.
- Creative and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, have a strong attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and initiative.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.