Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative. The position may be based in our Southfield, MI, Grand Rapids, MI, or Chicago, IL office. After the intial onboarding phase, there is potential for a home office setup or flexible work arrangement.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform the Heart U as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
The Director will handle the overall implementation and promotion of our K-12 school fundraising events in select schools in thirteen states. The main accountability of the position is to drive revenue.
- Prospect and secure school participation using inside sales methods.
- Recruit, train, and motivate School Coordinators (mainly PE teachers) to implement and coordinate the fundraisers and achieve the fundraising goal.
- Maintain territory information in a database and use information to prioritize day to day activities.
- Ensure each school has the materials and resources needed to have a successful event.
- Perform summer cultivation with school administrators at both the school and district level.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships in the summer for school educational programs.
- Experience in fundraising or inside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity preferred.
- Ability to recruit, train and counsel School Coordinators to achieve goals and objectives.
- Any daily or overnight travel is minimal.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.