The Grant Making Associate aids with the administration of application and distribution processes for the re-granting of funding from YMCA of the USA to local YMCAs. Most of this funding is raised by Y-USA’s Financial Development department, and some is sourced from other Y-USA departments. The Grant Making Associate is also responsible for assisting in the coordination of any re-grant activity administered through a different department (e.g., World Service) to maintain consistency in standards and process (where applicable). This position coordinates with other professional staff to ensure all aspects of grant administration are executed professionally, accurately and on a timely basis.
- This position is responsible in providing administrative support to agency-wide comprehensive grant making to ensure deadlines, outcomes, deliverables and reporting requirements are all achieved
- Ensure customer satisfaction among the local YMCAs through timely and thorough follow up
- Aid in the administration of Y-USA’s online grant management system, SmartSimple. Distribute standardized communications, including award and rejection emails. Assist grant manager with any system upgrades that may occur.
- Administer (under the supervision and oversight of Y-USA’s Grant Manager) re-grant modules (applications, reviews, reports) as needed and as assigned
- Participate in the RFP and reporting development process (questions and scoring) and seek sign-off from all appropriate parties
- Aid in the maintenance of a comprehensive grants calendar incorporating all outreach grant activity that goes through Easygrants
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Self Development. Is dedicated to the improvement of own capabilities and demonstrates this through the continual expansion of knowledge and skills.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of administrative support experience; project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with proposal writing/grant seeking is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with an online RFP system, such as SmartSimple, is strongly preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Database Applications is required (Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus)
- Must possess a proven ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments and projects
- Demonstrated experience coordinating large cross-divisional projects is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple/concurrent deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Willingness to learn and incorporate new technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and critically to resolve technical and other issues
- Demonstrated ability to work well with staff at all levels
- Commitment to character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
Salary: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00