Provide administrative support for the CEO. This includes working directly with both the CEO and the Executive Office Administrator regarding scheduling and travel planning. Serve as back-up for the Chicago reception desk. Assist with other administrative projects as needed under the direction of the Executive Office Administrator.
- Coordinate an extremely active calendar of appointments for the CEO providing pro-active assistance to facilitate scheduling choices and respond to constantly changing needs and requests. Effectively coordinate directly with the CEO and the Executive Office Administrator to keep calendar organized around agreed-upon priorities.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Assist in supporting expense reporting as needed.
- Operates with appropriate confidentiality and discretion regarding to information, correspondence and the operation of the CEO’s office.
- Process invoices for payment and contracts.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings including audio-visual set-up and ordering food.
- Assist with special projects and event coordination as needed.
- Serve as a back-up for front desk reception.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Complete tasks accurately with high quality and in a timely manner
- Significant administrative support experience.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Manages for Results – Effectively organizes and prioritizes work with a strong attention to detail and consistent follow-up.
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Leverages administrative skills and background to deliver outstanding service and support to the CEO, Feeding America Staff and external stakeholders.
- Communicates Effectively – Attentive listener who communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing inside the organization and with external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Operates with Integrity – Incorporates high standards of professional behavior into every interaction and decision with a focus on respect, fairness, confidentiality and a positive outlook.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Comfortable working across diverse stakeholders. Fosters a sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Deep knowledge and experience in the development and management of complex c-suite agendas and scheduling in a fast-paced, complex environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing travel arrangements and scheduling effectively and accurate/timely reporting of expenses.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook applications with the ability to quickly learn other applications.
- Experience drafting and editing correspondence, presentations and inter-office communication.
- Successful experience in a service-oriented capacity where balancing differing stakeholder needs and interests is required.