Would you value contributing to an organization that is working to make a difference? Do you possess previous management experience in a professional membership association? Are you a strategic thinker who can develop plans that address members and volunteer engagement? Are you technically proficient with association management systems (AMS)?
If you answered yes, and have experience leading membership activities, this may be the position for you! The Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) is currently searching for a Director of Membership and Volunteer Engagement.
The Director of Member and Volunteer Services is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Association’s member recruitment and retention strategies. This department supports volunteer leaders, state event planning portal, and on-going leadership development training. This role will be responsible for critical membership data tracking and reporting, utilizing the Association Management System (AMS), and plays a key part in maintaining the association membership database as a strategic asset.
- Establish short- and long-range plans and goals to achieve organization membership objectives.
- In collaboration with Marketing, develop an Association wide member recruitment, retention, and engagement strategy and direct the development and execution of all membership recruitment and retention activities for the Association to ensure annual targets are met.
- Explore and assess new markets based on organizational mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Ensure exceptional customer/member experience. Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and solutions that improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Baccalaureate degree required, preferably in related field; advanced degree preferred in business or related field. CAE preferred.
- Previous management experience in professional membership association required, 5-7+ years preferred.
- Prior experience leading membership and state/regional activities.
- Supervisory experience required, 3-5+ years preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare association or professional environment a plus.
- Marketing and Communication collaborative experience a plus.
ADCES offers a competitive compensation and benefit package designed to attract and retain qualified individuals who deliver excellent service to our members and business partners.
Interested parties should visit our Careers page at https://www.adces.org/about-us/careers to review the full job description and are asked to send a resume and salary requirements when applying.