The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Associate in our Midwest Affiliate office located in Chicago, IL . The Administrative Associate will provide administrative support that helps ensure effective execution of American Heart Association health impact goals and objectives in the assigned areas. Assistant will be responsible for supporting staff in one or more of the following areas within the Gala Heart Ball Team.
Development Directors for the Gala Heart Ball event: Focuses on fundraising opportunities with corporations through the formal gala dinner/auction event and other fundraising related events. Also promotes workplace giving programs in companies.
- Develop, input, and maintain information in appropriate computer software programs, including but not limited to SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Greater Giving, Convio, and E1, to include data reporting and spreadsheets.
- Perform general accounting/bookkeeping processes for billings, check requests, expense reports, income reporting, and other applicable financial transactions. Keep current with the Affiliate budget numbers. Serve as Affiliate Accounting Liasion for office which includes participating in teleconferences and providing feedback about finance processes as applicable.
- In partnership with Directors and management, coordinates the event logistics. This includes but is not limited to: upkeep on event websites, coordination of regular e-mails, ordering of signage, tents, tables, chairs, etc., design and ordering of event materials and supplies. Also includes assisting in event weekend set-up, volunteer management the day of event, event tear down. Will participate in regular planning meetings with internal and external logistics partners.
- Establish and maintain superior customer service relations with sponsors, customers, volunteers and donors by providing professional and friendly assistance within best practice guidelines, with proactive resolution of issues or needs.
- Maintains and processes reports and forwards them to appropriate staff. This includes summary, monthly reconciliation, and lockbox reports.
- Develops, oversees and/or assists in the development of event brochures, invitations, flyers, newsletters and other materials as needed.
- Coordinates volunteer meetings, trainings and projects as needed including writing meeting minutes, correspondence, logistics and follow-up.
- Keep informed of current AHA-related news, and communicate with team members the affiliate and national guidelines for use of these tools.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Minimum one year of related office experience.
- Must have at least intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2010 or higher used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of American Heart Association staff, volunteers and the public. This includes ability and willingness to build and nurture relationships within and outside the American Heart Association. This also includes the ability to work cooperatively with others to leverage resources to achieve common goals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.