Provide detailed administrative support for the Chief Network Officer (CNO) with guidance from the Manager of Administration. Work in tandem with members of the administrative team under the direction of the Manager of Administration to provide thorough and complete coverage of large meeting support for the Operations team. Assist with support for the SVP of Strategic Partnerships. Join rotation for Chicago reception desk support regarding lunches and other breaks as needed as well as extended absences. Collaborate with the administrative team for back-up support to other members during absences and peak demand.
- Manage and perform administrative functions for the Chief Network Officer, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, maintaining Outlook calendar, planning travel arrangements, managing expense reports, proofreading correspondence, contract approval, expense reports, check requests, meeting logistics and ordering supplies.
- Anticipate needs and provide suggestions, when suitable, to facilitate effective and smooth transitions for the CNO. Monitor scheduling changes and conflicts and proactively provide suggestions or initiate scheduling changes to address conflicts and changing priorities.
- Liaise with external network members to arrange customized trips for the CNO and communicate any feedback/concerns directly with the CNO.
- Communicate on behalf of CNO directly with partners, vendors, staff, internal departments and others. Establish relationships with executive administrative staff for donors, Board members, and other key constituencies.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on issues and concerns addressed to the CNO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between CNO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with management and staff.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion.
- Support the Manager of Administration with travel and expenses for the SVP of Strategic Partnerships.
- Assist with meeting and event coordination as needed, by request of the Manager of Administration.
- Serve as back-up for the Chicago reception desk in a rotation providing relief for lunch and other breaks as needed as well as extended absences.
- Provide back-up and peak demand support for other administrative team members including but not limited to: basic calendar scheduling, travel scheduling, and expense reporting.
- Maintain professional relationships with all internal and external constituents as a representative of the Feeding America National office.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Complete tasks accurately with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Located at Feeding America’s Chicago office.
- At least 2+ years of experience in administrative support to executives
- Mission-Focused - Understands Feeding America’s mission and is committed to keep people facing hunger at the center of our work. Works to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Manages for Results – Effectively organizes and prioritizes work with a strong attention to detail and consistent follow-up.
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Leverages administrative skills and background to deliver outstanding service and support to the CEO, Feeding America Staff and external stakeholders.
- Operates with Integrity – Incorporates high standards of professional behavior into every interaction and decision with a focus on respect, fairness, confidentiality and a positive outlook.
- Communicates Effectively – Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing inside the organization and with external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Comfortable working across diverse stakeholders. Fosters a sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Experience managing travel arrangements and scheduling effectively and accurate/timely reporting of expenses.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook applications with the ability to quickly learn other applications.
- Experience drafting and editing correspondence, presentations and inter-office communication.
- Successful experience in a service-oriented capacity where balancing differing stakeholder needs and interests is required.