Support strategy development and explore new methods of accessing product from the protein industry to deliver more nutritious product to the food insecure families we serve.
Lead national sourcing efforts by working with manufacturers and processors of meat, poultry and seafood, as well as related industry partners and associations, to access more product in order to meet the short- and long-term outcomes of the strategic plan.
- Develop and implement new sourcing strategies, manage and track business results that help secure more product donations from assigned portfolio of partners.
- Research and monitor protein industry trends, implementing strategic and operational changes to maintain and expand relevance for food rescue and other product partnerships.
- Create new training tools and communication vehicles that will assist food bank members with identifying, educating and servicing donors.
- Build and maintain relationships with key trade associations; leverage for awareness and support of donation.
- Maintain strategic relationships at all appropriate stages of supply chain with partner organizations and strengthen the Network’s status as a preferred recipient for protein that provides value to food insecure families.
- Maximize value of high-priority, strategic partnerships that are strongly aligned with organization’s strategy and priority initiatives.
- Work with Government Relations team to provide operational support to ensure USDA TEFAP product is accepted by network members
- Create and implement effective action plans for holistic donor support in partnership with Development, engaging all appropriate donor departments to ensure programmatic success.
- Develop productive, collaborative relationships with network food bank leaders to nurture mutually beneficial industry partnerships benefiting both national and local organizations.
- 7 years management experience within the protein industry required
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Leverages Functional Expertise -Ability to utilize business experience and industry understanding to successfully manage and build relationships with partner representatives across the organization and throughout a company’s supply chain. Willing to both lead and provide hands-on support to partnership development.
- Manages for Results Effectively -Demonstrated track-record of building and implementing plans to deliver results for assigned industry segment in order to achieve or exceed short- and long-term pound, meal and nutritional goals.
- Understands our “Business” -Strong understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue and hunger relief along with the nuances of food banking.
- Inspires, Motivates & Influences Others - Ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives; demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholder groups to influence behavior including network members, internal teams and all levels of corporate leaders across industry sector.
- Continuously Improves -Committed to organizational and process improvement with a goal of enhanced performance, greater impact, and more efficient resource utilization, experienced in evolving programs to meet changing environment and business needs.
Required Technical Competence and Experience
- Ability to analyze data and derive business insights
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Up to 40% travel required.