The Development Associate is an integral part of the Development Team, working on and supporting all aspects of Wave Hill’s fundraising and stewardship initiatives and special events.
- Provide excellent administrative support to the Executive Director, the Development Director and entire development team.
- Respond to donor inquiries, draft personalized correspondence and prepare acknowledgment letters.
- Conduct research on individuals, foundations and corporate prospects and prepare donor profiles.
- Coordinate email and social media fundraising appeals and campaigns.
- Support Development Staff by coordinating and executing various mailings including, but not limited to benefit and special event invitations and appeal mailings.
- Maintain and update donor information in Altru database including financial and biographical information and generate queries for various fundraising initiatives.
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors meetings and Board minute books.
- Assist with correspondence for institutional donors including acknowledgment letters, proposals, and reports.
- Work with the Finance Office to prepare for the annual audit.
- Provide administrative support for all donor events, including tracking financial contributions and tickets, and generating door lists, place cards, and nametags.
- Coordinate logistics for donor meetings, luncheons, and other special events
- Supervise interns and volunteers as needed.
- Provide general office assistance, such as ordering supplies, entering data, and filing and sorting mail.
- Serve as back-up for Membership Associate.
- Related duties as needed.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employee.
- Minimum of one to two years of development experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as superior proof-reading skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required; demonstrable Raiser’s Edge or Altru database experience required.
- Strong telephone, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a well-organized, responsible, dependable and detail-oriented individual.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and writing samples in a single PDF document to [email protected]. Please state Development Associate in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.