The Adult Resource Alliance of Yellowstone County has been assisting seniors, their families, and their caregivers since 1975. We provide a comprehensive range of services that support and assist the older adult population to remain independent, active, healthy and living in their own homes as long as possible. We are seeking a versatile professional to lead our team as the Executive Director in our Billings office. This position is responsible for the operations, finances, programs, staff and volunteers of Adult Resource Alliance of Yellowstone County. This includes driving strategic planning, fundraising and stakeholder relationships to achieve the organization’s mission and goals.
- Works with the board of directors and staff leadership to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies.
- Provides for regular reports on the status of the organization’s operations to the board of directors and to the organization’s staff.
- Oversees the organization's financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the organization.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the organization’s objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Ensures the organization’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Serves as the organization’s representative to the board of directors, stakeholders, employees, clients, the government entities, grantors, vendors and the public.
- Maintains knowledge of all current human resource laws and regulations.
- Adheres to procedures and policies outlined in the ARAYC employee handbook.
- Responsible for the overall hiring and supervision of all staff members.
- Coordinates and approves all employee performance reviews.
- Promotes an organizational climate that is conducive to staff motivation and participation.
- Promotes and approves training and continuing education for all staff members.
- Ensures that regular staff meetings occur including both at the departmental and leadership level.
- Oversees approval of leave requests and makes decisions about staff promotions and wage increases.
- Enforces established personnel, service and office procedures.
- Rewards and disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
Fundraising / Public Relations:
- Prepares and submits ongoing applications for grants.
- Identifies and follows up on new grant and fundraising opportunities.
- Directs all fundraising activities and events.
- Participates in and oversees public relations and marketing activities on behalf of ARAYC and its individual programs.
- When appropriate or necessary, meet in person with potential and existing contributors to promote the mission of the ARAYC.
- Keeps informed of and participates in all committee and task force meetings pertinent to the programs’ work.
- Maintains strong relationships with community organizations and service providers beneficial to the programs’ work.
- Develops new opportunities to educate the public and employees of local organizations, service providers and corporations about the work of ARAYC and its programs
- Promotes and oversees trainings and workshops about issues important to seniors, as they pertain to the work of ARAYC and its programs.
- Investigates and follows through on opportunities for the growth of existing ARAYC programs.
- Keeps abreast of issues, which affect seniors, and follows through on opportunities for new program development.
- Participates in state aging services legislative activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years work experience in non-profit environment, preferably in human services with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and budget preparation, policy development, grant writing and fund raising, exceptional interpersonal skills and pubic and personnel relations experience.
- Desire and interest in working with elderly and disabled citizens and strong interpersonal skills that ensures a positive working relationship with coworkers, volunteers, visitors and outside agencies.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Valid Montana driver’s license.
This is a full-time, exempt (salary) position eligible for our full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave. The pay range for this position is $120,000 - $150,000 per year commensurate with experience.
Please include a cover letter with your resume. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.