We are working with an exciting not-for-profit in Bethlehem PA, Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites (HBMS) that is on the verge of a significant growth. HBMS is at a pivotal point in its history. In February, the U.S. Department of the Interior submitted Historic Moravian Bethlehem as its first multi-national nomination to the World Heritage List. This is both a tremendous honor and the culmination of over twenty years of work within HBMS, its partner organizations, and the community. There will not be any revenue directly related to the designation, but it is anticipated there will be increase in tourism and more funding opportunities should the designation be received.
The operating budget for FY2023 is approximately $2 million, well-diversified between earned and contributed revenues from admissions, contributed income, public funding, individuals, foundations, and business underwriters. HBMS currently has a modest endowment of $4 million, with a campaign currently and successfully in progress to expand this sum.
The newly hired VP/Managing Director is looking for an individual to handle the routine finance and treasury functions including the supervision of a bookkeeper. The VP is looking for the finance function to be a strong strategic partner to herself, the President, and the board.
Accordingly, she is looking for the newly hired person to accomplish the following in his/her first year on the job:
- Work with the bookkeeper to automate as many manual processes as possible, hopefully reducing the monthly close by 50%.
- Streamline day-to-day tasks so that the person in this role has the time to do analysis/proactive reviews.
- Move from desktop version of QuickBooks to QuickBooks in the cloud.
- Effectively monitor & report on operating and capital budget status; modifying forecast as needed.
- Lead the creation of the budget for FY2024-25
This person will also be monitoring cash flow and posting major deposits.
The job requirements are:
- 3 or more years of accounting and finance experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with people at many different levels inside the organization and outside as well.
- Experience with Quickbooks
- A track record of process improvements.
Base salary of $60,000 to $80,000
For consideration and/or more information, please contact Rich Bond at:
BOND & COMPANY Executive Search & Recruiting
1003 Declaration Drive Bethlehem, PA 18017
Phone 203-221-3233 Email: [email protected]
Firm Website – www.bondandcompany.com
HBMS considers individuals for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.