This position will provide management support and oversight of all business-related activities within the Department of Research Affairs and Department Therapeutics Development. This individual will work closely with other department leadership and will closely interface with departments of Finance, Legal, IT, Communications, and HR. They will oversee budget planning, grants and contracts administration, and process improvement, medical compliance and privacy (including HIPPA), licensing and consulting agreements.
- Oversight of all business and operations-related activities for Departments of Research Affairs and Therapeutics Development.
- Manages the department annual planning process of budget development, P& L, and general ledger spend in partnership with finance and department team members.
- Serves as the lead for special projects across the department, including the monitoring of timelines to ensure progress as needed.
- Closely involved in efforts of financial risk assessment and improvement within the Medical Group.
- Manages oversight for the grant management system and ongoing process improvement.
- Assists with the assessment of the Department’s project portfolio to improve efficiencies across the department.
- Participates in cross-departmental committees as the department representative.
- Provides oversight for responsibilities that support funded programs that carry out the Foundation mission.
- Manage compliance activities related to Privacy & HIPAA laws and adherence to all CFF policies and procedures covering privacy.
- Provides guidance for contracts management by reviewing and recommending business terms and ushering the agreements through the CFF Operations and Legal departments.
- Provides oversight for developing and implementing contract Terms and Conditions for CFF awards and ongoing institutional negotiations.
- Minimum of ten years progressive experience and successful track record of business operations skills relating to biomedical grants administration and clinical trial administration, with a preferred focus related to drug development.
- Experience with budgeting processes, finance, and contract management.
- Knowledge of patient privacy and HIPPA regulatory framework is a plus.
- Outstanding collaborative and communication skills with both internal and external partners.
- Past success in leading and preferably building successful and collaborative teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Reports to the SVP for Research Affairs.
- Direct reports include the Sr. Director of Research Administration and the Director of Medical Compliance.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Travel to meetings and other events as necessary. Includes car, air, train and overnight stays.