Save the Children’s U.S. Programs and Advocacy (USPA) division partners with low-income, rural communities across the country to give children living in these underserved areas a healthy start, the best possible opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
USPA is seeking a full-time, highly-motivated Coordinator based in Berea, KY, to support operations in our Rural Education programs in Kentucky and West Virginia, reporting to the Director of Program Implementation (KY/ WV). This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in furthering their skills and experience in nonprofit development and government relations.
The Coordinator supports operations for the rural education field teams in KY and WV, and is responsible for maintaining the overall cohesive day-to-day operations, including asset management and inventories, GIK logistics, and fleet / facilities for the rural education field teams.
Kentucky Out-of-School Alliance (KYOSA) Operations (50%)
- Support the KYOSA Director and KYOSA Senior Leadership Team (KYOSA-SLT) in all operational aspects of growing the coalition while both meeting the requirements of STC internal systems/protocols and focusing on operational excellence.
- Maintain social media sites for KYOSA to ensure a consistent and professional message is delivered effectively across all platforms.
- Update the KYOSA website as needed, including membership, training, calendars, etc.
- Create marketing materials, calls to action, and other KYOSA publications with guidance and vision from Director.
- Navigate vendors, consultants, and member partners through STC internal protocols / systems to ensure compliance and prompt payments.
- Provide administrative support to Director and Chair on matters relating to KYOSA-SLT and Work Group Meetings (calls, agenda items, follow up, etc.).
- Collect data and other information needed to support grant applications, fundraising, and other efforts.
Asset Management / Gifts in Kind / Logistics (40%)
- Record and receive GIK shipments to include coordinating logistics and timing, as well as accurately completing all necessary donor paperwork.
- Coordinate partner allocations and pick-up schedules.
- Prepare and maintain accurate monthly and annual inventory of GIK. Ensure accurate tracking of goods and compliance with established internal controls.
- Support office purchasing and procurement. Ensure procurement and other policies are followed at all times.
- Coordinate all information, documentation and invoices for vendors, consultants, and agreements.
- Assist with office purchasing needs as well as large purchases for multiple partner locations.
- Support company credit card usage and processes, to include purchasing and monitoring balances to meet team needs. Submit monthly reconciliation reports.
- Liaise with Operations Specialist to support and maintain local operational processes. Adapt best practices to meet the local and remote needs of the field teams.
- Oversee fleet vehicle operations to ensure readiness of the vehicles and safety of the staff.
- Maintain driver and vehicle tracking (check-out procedures, mileage, driver statistics, etc.) as required.
- Collect and maintain driver information including drivers’ license information, driver safety handbook acknowledgements, etc.
- Follow maintenance procedures to ensure routine maintenance is performed in a timely manner to meet safety standards.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Provide operational support as needed to ensure the maintenance and safety of the facility.
Other Duties (10%)
- Provide overall meeting support and logistics.
- Maintain calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings, and document meetings as needed.
- Arrange accommodations, catering, and other applicable services as needed for events.
- Support logistics needs for VIP visits.
- Serve as back-up Child Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned to support operational excellence for KY and WV rural education operations.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of additional office skills (video conferencing, live meeting set-up, travel, etc.)
- Able to lift up to 25lbs
- Strong written and verbal communications, operational and organizational skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Commitment to Save the Children's mission and values