Advance the mission of Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur by working with the Development and Communications staff to maintain and strengthen relationships with our constituencies and secure the resources to further the mission of the Sisters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the process of researching and applying for Foundation grants.
• Assist with the planning, writing, publishing and distribution of newsletters and annual reports, as well as appeals.
• Assist with the planning and writing of online communications and adding content, i.e., history, and information on SND schools.
• Provide assistance to the Parish Mission Coordinator in her role of contacting and communicating with dioceses, parishes and speakers, and in acknowledging contributions received.
• Assist with the planning of Development events and gatherings.
• Oversee the Notre Dame de Namur Memorial & Tribute Program and the Jack Locke Monthly Giving Circle Program, and help to increase its use (electronically or hardcopy) and its contribution to development income.
• Become adept at Development software system (DonorPerfect) and its many uses in order to assist with the data entry, reporting and contact with donors, and creating various donation forms as needed for different programs.
• Become adept at Wordpress software for creating and editing SNDdeN website pages.
• Assist with donor acknowledgement processes, and take the lead in personalizing and strengthening our communications with donors at various times of the year, i.e., Valentines, Thanksgiving, feasts of St. Julie, Dorothy Stang anniversaries, etc.
• Assist with emerging East-West responsibilities, i.e., Meet the Sisters profiles.
• Assist with Giving Tuesday, gather information needed for fundraising needs, obtain photos, video or materials needed to promote the appeal.
• Develop and maintain the Notre Dame de Namur Circle of Prayer Program on the SNDdeN website and notify the Sisters of any new prayer intentions.
• Assist in other tasks as appropriate, and work as a team member in achieving Development goals.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/REQUIRED SKILLS:
Ability to represent and communicate the vision and mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, and a desire to make a significant difference for them
Ability to interact easily and effectively with a variety of people
Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
A creative thinker, with initiative and a sense of humor
Minimum of five years successful experience in fundraising
A familiarity with fundraising software
Bachelor's degree; graduate degree preferred.