The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant - Editorial in our Dallas, TX office (remote/home based is acceptable)
The Editorial Assistant works with members of the Scientific Publishing department in the day-to-day operations by providing administrative support to all publishing partners, including but not limited to correspondence with authors on page proofs and other manuscript details, logging in manuscripts, and so on.
- Assist in all aspects of the publication process, including but not limited to checking in new submissions, facilitating peer review, preparing and sending author and reviewer communications.
- Assist with responding to author queries, as well as requesting and collecting author paperwork.
- Manage project timelines and deadline compliance, while effectively communicating project statuses and related information as required.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of department budget and conscience effort to contribute to budget goals of department.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and volunteers, for example, responding to author queries.
- Collaborate effectively with other OSO departments and AHA departments to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Utilize vendor and/or AHA systems (e.g. E1, COI, Seibel, etc.) efficiently and competently to complete duties/projects.
- Successfully complete multiple duties and projects while managing competing demands and priorities.
- Minimum six (6) months of related work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Project management knowledge.
- Ability to work independently managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Publishing experience.
- Copy editing and/or style editing experience.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization.