Sexual Trauma Awareness and Response (STAR) is seeking a dynamic and passionate nonprofit leader to fill the role of President & CEO, responsible for advancing the organization’s mission and vision. STAR appointed Emergent Method, a Louisiana-based management consulting firm, to lead the search. This position is an extraordinary opportunity for a dynamic professional skilled in nonprofit management, operational leadership, and donor development and fundraising while demonstrating a true passion and alignment with STAR’s mission to support survivors of sexual trauma, improve systems response, and create social change to end sexual violence in Louisiana.
The President & CEO will be responsible for management and oversight of all administrative, facility, programming, and fundraising functions of the organization, in addition to leading strategic initiatives that move the organization forward and positively impact the communities it serves. This role will serve as the face of the organization, developing and maintaining relationships with community leaders, legislators, members, and stakeholders, in addition to partnering with other organizations to collaborate on strategic planning, grant writing, and fundraising efforts. The President & CEO manages a team of nearly 30 and reports to the STAR board of directors and regional councils.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in leading a nonprofit organization, including demonstrated visionary and servant leadership skills, fundraising and grant efforts, and the ability to form and maintain relationships to become a community partner, an engaged leader to staff, and a collaborator with the board and stakeholders of the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and manage the staff and contractors of STAR, demonstrating strong leadership and decision-making abilities, including activities related to recruiting, hiring, retaining, and motivating team members
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the board, including presenting at board meetings, preparing relevant board materials, and ensuring open and effective lines of communication with board members
- Provide financial stewardship for STAR, including the development, review, and monitoring of budgets, managing of purchasing activities, preparing and submitting grants, leading fundraising efforts and negotiating and managing contracts
- Represent STAR effectively to build alliances with external stakeholders, partnering community organizations, and the general public in a manner that reflects STAR’s mission and objectives
- Represent STAR in the public arena by creating and implementing an effective communications plan that publicizes activities related to the organization’s programs and goals and building awareness to positively represent STAR, market the organization, and build additional support
- Monitor and create a system to provide information related to proposed legislation, regulatory changes, studies, and emerging trends, advising the board of the potential impacts to the organization and relevant responses
- Strong operational and people management skills, with the ability to connect with and motivate employees to optimize workplace productivity and promote professional growth
- Exhibits empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness to remain sensitive to the dynamics of internal staff as well as individuals affected by sexual trauma
- Ability to educate and motivate board members, staff, and stakeholders in strategic initiatives and fundraising efforts to meet organization goals
- Ability to lead the organizations fundraising efforts by goal setting, planning, outreach, and expansion
- Knowledge of grant writing and administration preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to listen, understand and be supportive of the needs of individuals
- Ability to be diplomatic but passionate when communicating with legislators and community stakeholders
The anticipated salary range for this position is $95,000-$110,000 and commensurate with experience. In addition to compensation, a competitive benefits package will be offered.
Candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter and references to [email protected] by October 15, 2022.