Are you a relationship builder extraordinaire? Have you memorized Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People? Do you have a track record of helping corporations and foundations give generously? If so, this position might be the one for you! We’re on the hunt for a Corporate & Foundation Partnerships Manager—a rock star fundraiser and excellent writer—so that we can increase our capacity to help struggling families achieve the housing they need to thrive.
If you want to land this job, you must, absolutely must demonstrate the following:
Track record of asking for and closing five- and six-figure gifts
Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, small and large audiences
Superior grant writing skills. It’s imperative that you be an exceptional writer and editor, and be able to easily and quickly craft grant proposals, grant reports, engaging pitches, proposals and e-mails
Flexibility, humility and sense of humor
In the Corporate & Foundations Partnership Manager role, you’ll be our chief relationship builder and fundraiser for corporations (national organizations, businesses headquartered in our community and local businesses) and foundations.
While you’ll be the primary manager and owner of our partnerships with corporations and foundations, you are not alone. Your immediate advisers, collaborators and helpers include our marketing and communications team, volunteer programs team and the director of resource development. You’ll join a team that cheers you on from day one and does what it takes to help you be successful. This position currently has no direct reports, but you’ll have the opportunity to recruit and empower volunteers, freelancers and a possible staff coordinator to strengthen our corporate/foundation partnerships.
Reports To: Director of Resource Development
- Steward and grow our current portfolio of corporate and foundation partners
- Create a pipeline of corporate volunteers for our volunteer programs team; assist
- with the creation of unique volunteer experiences for corporate partners
- Manage and execute a full range of grant-related activities: prospect research,
- relationship building, writing and compiling proposals, reporting, etc.
- Oversee data, tracking and reporting outcomes for corporate/foundation portfolio;
- ensure all donor accounts in Raiser’s Edge are updated and maintained
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of experience fundraising from corporations and foundations
- Software skills: proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Raiser’s Edge (preferred)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills