The American Heart Association has an immediate opening for a Vice President Development, (Heart Walk) . Working out of our Atlanta, GA office, the primary responsibility will be to lead, manage and direct fundraising efforts for the Heart Walk. This will include managing a fundraising staff and cultivating and growing corporate and community partnerships and sponsorships. Will also be accountable for identifying, cultivating and recruiting a volunteer executive leadership committee for and increasing revenue generation and community development activities. Will serve in a player/coach capacity.
- Lead and develop team to achieve event and revenue goals, which includes directly implementing the Heart Walk and related activities.
- Hire, coach, evaluate and lead staff.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate an annual working plan with dollar and volunteer recruitment goals.
- Establish a budget and timeline for event(s.
- Develop contingency plans as needed to successfully complete fundraising activities and goals.
- Assume bottom-line responsibility for the Heart Walk income goals. $4+m
- Build relationships with key corporate leaders who can support initiatives and involves them as appropriate.
- Cultivate, secure and enhance sponsorships.
- Recruit and manage volunteers and volunteer leadership committees to implement and successfully complete assigned revenue goals and activities.
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do!
- 4+ years successful experience in a professional fundraising or outside sales role.
- 2 years' supervisory experience.
- You will be goal-driven and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Solid networking and negotiation skills are essential.
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to effectively interact with corporate leaders, individual donors, and volunteers.
- You are computer literate with proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint