The Vice President of Digital Marketing provides leadership and vision to drive the execution a holistic digital marketing strategy for the organization. This person plays a critical leadership role in driving our mission and revenue trajectory while positioning the American Cancer Society for dramatic growth. They work with many cross functional teams and manage multiple agencies and team members to drive awareness and demand creation. The VP, Digital Marketing has strong infrastructure and system understanding to define and keep the digital strategy moving forward. This position has a deep understanding of trends and analytics across the entire digital ecosystem and how each channel supports the American Cancer Society’s goals.
- Key member of leadership team responsible for creating and driving the digital marketing strategy to take our organization to the forefront of innovation and drive personalized persuasive marketing that delivers effective and sustainable growth.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction across all digital properties, guiding breakthrough thinking with respect to activating and engaging via social media, search, digital technology, innovation, ecommerce, national gaming strategy and email marketing.
- Manage and inspire the digital marketing team (17+) staff to drive quality, value and results. This includes staff development as well as cultivating talent across the enterprise.
- Accountable for leading the team to optimize all ACS social channels against key KPIs and making data-informed decisions for campaigns and long-term strategies. This includes ACS’s National Social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube as well as Relay For Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and Coaches vs Cancer.
- Define, lead and guide execution for national gaming strategy, associated marketing, partnership initiatives, P&L management and sales to drive significant revenue growth for the organization.
- Lead and oversee enterprise email marketing strategy for ACS and Signature events. Including but not limited to, acquisition & retention strategies across multiple channels, CRM testing, segmentation, data management, content optimization, analysis and reporting.
- Cross-functionally lead digital enterprise strategy including audit, governance modeling, financial forecasting, and capabilities roadmap to ensure our organization captures all opportunities across mission, marketing and operations that can be enabled by digital technology to drive productivity, scale our mission and drive revenue growth.
- Drive innovative and integrated marketing ideas across a full spectrum of digital mediums and up to date knowledge of a variety of new consumer technology and media trends
- Develop KPIs and analytics program to test, measure, and refine social and search program campaigns
- Lead team to deliver enterprise digital product roadmap, grow omni-channel strategies, and infrastructure to fulfill our Digital Product and eCommerce businesses (Mobile, DIY, Innovation, Digital Technology Products to support our Mission work, SMS, Virtual Reality, etc)
- Responsible for championing and leading a multi-year program comprised of multiple projects to design, develop and execute a broad-based ACS Digital Platform that enhances all marketing efforts and awareness across the enterprise.
- Ensure that the American Cancer Society’s digital channels and strategies are holistic and maintain the highest standards of innovation, creative and execution excellence
- Ensure alignment across all digital marketing strategies and tactics with business objectives and ensure appropriate solutions are provided to enhance customer experience, participation and loyalty.
- Lead collaboration with product business owners and other Enterprise teams such a Corporate Communications, Cancer Control, Research, and Legal teams across digital marketing teams
- Assess new digital marketing technologies, analyze business opportunities and execute against them
- 15+ years’ experience with a best in class, high performance organization possessing a strong online presence.
Demonstrates Leadership Competencies:
- Builds effective teams
- Drives engagement
- Ensures accountability
- Manages ambiguity
- Manages complexity
- Strategic mindset
- Experience creating, executing, and budgeting strong performing GTM plans.
- Exceptional strategic leadership abilities
- Ability to build capability across global business units
- Strong ability to inspire action and foster results through others
- Ability to foster an environment of creativity
- Seasoned knowledge of all interactive disciplines and digital channels, including shopping, display, video, social, search, SEO, ecommerce, mobile and digital product marketing for campaigns for large national brands.
- Ability to manage and partner with agency resources
- Excellent analytical, multi-tasking and decision-making abilities
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Strong understanding of the evolving global digital landscape how to incorporate that knowledge to building brands
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department relationships
- Track record of success with ability to lead a team within a matrixed environment
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.