As a TCIS Global Operations Intern, you will provide operational support to the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter (eg. Advisory Board meetings, TCIS logistics). This position will work directly with Habitat’s Terwilliger Center Global Director of Operations and other cross-functional teams across the organization (Communications, Legal, Finance, HR, RD). You will learn from participation on a wide array of projects related to Habitat’s Terwilliger Center. You will focus on supporting operations, and the development of resources for Habitat’s Terwilliger Center.
- Provides operational support to TCIS (eg. Advisory Board Meeting, TCIS logistics)
- Assist TCIS work in market systems, housing finance, including housing microfinance and global housing,
- Design and draft communication materials for circulation by TCIS organization
- Assist Resource Development in planning activities related to the Habitat Development Council and support RD - TCIS joint initiatives.
- General understanding of international development
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The equivalent of 1 year of intern or general work experience
- International, urban and/or housing experience
You will gain a deeper understanding of how a global non-profit is moving beyond delivering one house at a time to increasing its scale, quality and impact through the implementation of comprehensive market-based solutions.
We invite you to join in this journey with us to address the urgent need for adequate, and affordable shelter.
- Duration: June 2019 – August 2019
- Weekly Hours: Intern required 3-5 days