The Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) Internal Audit Department (IAD) is seeking a Staff Auditor who has prior audit or forensic accounting experience, a desire to be challenged, and a passion for doing meaningful work. Reporting to the VP IAD, the Staff Auditor will help evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls of various departments at HFHI’s headquarters, HFHI's international area offices, and selected programs of Habitat’s U.S. and international organizations.
This position is based at our administrative headquarters in Atlanta, GA but will involve 40-60% domestic and/or international travel.
- Traveling the Habitat network to perform audits, internal control reviews, and/or investigations in collaboration with Habitat colleagues or co-source partners.
- Assisting in the development of project-focused risk assessments, as well as appropriate audit, internal controls or investigation review project plans.
- Executing project fieldwork, including developing value-add, risk-appropriate findings and recommendations for discussion with management.
- Preparing work papers and audit or investigation reports in compliance with IAD's audit processes and industry standards.
- Coordinating monitoring and periodic reporting on the status of outstanding audit recommendations.
- Assisting the VP of IAD in the preparation of reports and presentations for management and Audit Committee meetings.
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills
- Willingness to undertake extensive domestic and international travel
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other related certification is desired.
- Experience with external audits, forensic accounting investigations, or internal audits, preferably with a public accounting firm
- Experience with international travel and/or cross-cultural communications