Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Senior Writer/Editor - Development Communications. This individual is primarily responsible for managing fundraising communications projects, often across departments or divisions, suggesting ideas to improve approach and quality to best communicate Habitat's message to support fundraising efforts. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
- Write, review and edit content that is compelling, accurate, and in line with HFHI’s brand guidelines and style book.
- Work collaboratively with other HFHI departments to create, edit and update a variety of donor-facing materials.
- Assist various Resource Development staff with photo selection and approval for fundraising materials.
- Represent Development Communications in a positive, professional manner.
- Success Criteria: Indicate the metrics or other standards that will be used to measure success in this role.
- Completing projects in a timely manner.
- Providing quality, accurate materials.
- Maintaining a positive, professional relationship with all HFHI.
- Years of Related Experience: At least 5 years of professional writing experience.
- Proficiency in grammar and AP style guide is a must.
- Active support of HFHI Values: Team Collaborator – Good Steward – LEAN/Continuous Improvement – Graceful Candor – Heart for the Mission – Personal Integrity.
- HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have particular responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
- Proficiency handling quick, accurate editing.
- Ability to work with subject matter experts on a variety of content for myriad audiences.
- Capable of managing several requests at one time, while still meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- A passion for the goal of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Experience crafting and editing effective organizational calls to action.
- Strong visual and verbal conceptualization.