Habitat for Humanity International, Inc. (HFHI) is seeking a dynamic and operationally focused leader to serve as Senior Vice President- International Operations. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the SVP-International Operations will be a member of HFHI’s Senior Management Group supporting and driving a team of professionals for providing operational leadership and technical expertise to our international HFHI staff and network of 60 international Habitat organizations. This position will be based at our administrative headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
The position provides a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional to assume a leadership role within HFHI, develop working relationships with Habitat locations internationally, and provide a leadership contribution to Habitat’s mission of providing safe, decent, affordable housing to low income families. Candidates should demonstrate strong servant leadership, a collaborative working style, interpersonal and supervisory skills; keen business acumen; excellent judgment and instincts; a strong work ethic and a positive outlook. Candidates must be comfortable leading in a global, humanitarian, Christian based organization. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
- Lead a high-performing team of program leaders to the next level by focusing on systems/process improvements, consistent service delivery, and strategic allocation of resources towards meeting Habitat for Humanity’s 2025 global impact strategic goals
- Enhance existing operational excellence efforts and drive collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders in a federated network
- Oversee provision of technical expertise and support to international offices and affiliates within the Habitat network as well as regional Habitat offices.
- Identify and lead opportunities to develop new sources of revenues and take advantage of new opportunities and strategic shifts in the housing sector
- Play a lead role in executing several strategic change management initiatives
- Provide strategic insight and counsel to the Habitat senior leadership team as an expert on operational excellence and program execution
- Display a heart for Habitat's mission by expanding Habitat’s housing expertise, growing volunteer networks, supporting global advocacy initiatives, and fostering key partnerships with other housing and income mobility experts.
- Success Criteria: Indicate the metrics or other standards that will be used to measure success in this role.
- Years of Related Experience: 15+ years of leadership in global housing and / or international development
- Track record of leading programming and taking programs or organizations to the next level of growth
- Track record of securing funding and working with major donors
- Team management skills and experience in leading and sponsoring change
- Strong relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate across cultures and build effective working relationships with diverse global donors, partners and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate alignment with and support of HFHI Values: Team Collaborator – Good Steward – LEAN/Continuous Improvement – Graceful Candor – Heart for the Mission – Personal Integrity