Provide Financial Planning and Analysis support for the American Cancer Society on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Develop working knowledge of American Cancer Society programs and operations.
- Work with Corporate Center / Division staff and Sr. Manager, FP&A to guide key business decisions with analytical outputs that will allow for informed decision making.
- Partner with Division and Corporate Center staff to analyze personnel costs and assist FP&A staff with forecasts and budgets for this area.
- Monitor financial targets and metrics against actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis; provide timely monthly and quarterly analytical reporting to finance leaders.
- Lead various projects including the allocation of Corporate Center costs to Divisions.
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis as requested by FP&A leadership and continually strive to identify opportunities to provide financial leadership aimed at reducing costs, increasing revenue and driving more dollars towards mission.
- Work with Finance Field Services and Division staff to provide FP&A information required for grant proposals and year-end reviews.
- Assist FP&A Field Operations department as required.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Demonstrates Finance Competencies:
- Customer focus, Decision quality, Action oriented, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Instills trust
- Excellent consulting and communication skills.
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with multiple/complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves multiple/complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation and excellent ability to implement quality control processes.
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to discuss quantitative findings in easy-to-understand terms in verbal and written formats.
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, organized self-starter who works under limited supervision, receiving instructions about the results expected, and receiving technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Strong Knowledge of Adaptive Insights or other Enterprise Planning tool required
- Advanced Excel is required.
- Strong knowledge of Business Objects or other Business Intelligence reporting tool required
- Strong enterprise financial system experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with cost allocation methodology preferred.
- Limited travel 5% or less.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.