Represent and manage the societies’ funding initiatives in the cancer space that engages leading oncology philanthropists and foundations in a Campaign structure and campaign acumen. Through collaborative leadership this position will engage the organization and will develop and manage strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit a minimum of $10 million annually or more in investments for the American Cancer Society. The focus of this position will be on $1 million and above prospects, projects, innovation and campaign goals throughout the organization. This position is responsible for executing against a high level strategic plan to develop an effective relationship building strategy for securing long-term multi-year investments in support of existing and future fundraising campaign efforts.
- Work in collaboration with Regions to maximize giving opportunities and external working relationships with high value constituents and foundations to strengthen projects and proposals to meet funder’s requirements and succeed competitively.
- Conduct 75 personal visits with qualified $1 million+ prospects in support of constituent portfolio under management that significantly moves the prospect through the donor continuum.
- Conduct 75 strategy sessions with Regions and Global Headquarters staff in support of efforts around Leadership Giving/Campaign efforts.
- Must be a strong ambassador for the organization and at all times deliver the mission of the organization to the constituent with an opportunity to take action in their community, state, nation, or global level.
- Work collaboratively with a team approach in all aspects of the position.
- Strategize, Coordinate and/or Manage a constituent portfolio of 50 Nationwide/Global High Net Worth constituents and Foundations that have giving capacity of $1 million or greater on behalf of the organization and reflect an organization strategy.
- Consolidate knowledge of funding opportunities within individuals, and foundations to maximize the Society’s relationship efforts, including current funding pillars such as Hope Lodge, Patient Navigation, Research, Advocacy, Global initiatives and innovative projects.
- Enter activity with on behalf of the organization and with constituents into the CRM system (Siebel) on a monthly basis.
- Manage and report activity centered around Board members, Senior Leadership, and Divisions on a weekly basis to management.
- Work with dedicated Development Resource, Research, Patient Service staff to develop opportunities for potential donors.
- Manage the complete cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategy as appropriate with for Leadership and Campaign Giving. Serve as a guide and resource to secure funding for the organization in the most efficient and collaborative way.
- Work with assigned department leaders to develop, expand and refine case for support, supporting materials and strategy for use not only with national proposals but also used by Major Gift Officers in the field.
- Secure a minimum of $3,000,000-$5,000,000+ in major gifts based on tenure.
- Submit a minimum of 5 individual, corporate and foundation proposals at $1 million+ that represents a successful evaluation and timing of constituent’s commitment to a project or program.
- Supporting the effective development of campaign packaging, pricing, and lead gifts for field staff proposals.
- Coordinate the stewardship of $1million + donors who make gifts to their restricted projects for whom they serve as PRM.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, as is computer proficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of the oncology space is a plus including research, patient services and care, global awareness and innovation is a plus.
Demonstrates the following Major Gifts/Planned Giving Competencies:
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Persuades - Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Being resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.