The Financial Reporting Analyst will assist in coordinating the timely completion of external audits related to the American Cancer Society and its affiliates (“The Society”) and its Retirement Plans. This position will prepare all federal, state and other mandated compliance filings including, but not limited to, tax returns and statutory filings. This position will assist in the preparation of the annual and interim financial reporting packages including MD&A and other ad hoc analysis. This position will be responsible for conducting technical accounting and tax research, preparing white paper memos, serving as a technical and general accounting resource and ensuring consistent accounting and reporting across the Society.
- Responsible for technical research and resolution of accounting matters for the Society as needed including documentation of conclusion.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of deliverables associated with client assistance requests from external auditors.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of interim and year-end financial reporting packages including the MD&A, variance analysis, & disclosures.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of deliverables associated with annual and interim federal, state and local tax filings
- Assist the preparation and filing of statutory compliance reports including but no limited to CGA and debt compliance.
- Responsible for the timely completion of the financial statements, Form 5500, and year-end audits for the Society’s Retirement Plans
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of Form 990 and the supporting schedules for the Society.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- 2+ years public accounting preferred.• Not-for-profit accounting and/or auditing experience preferred.
- CPA preferred;
Demonstrates Finance Competencies:
- Customer focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Optimizes work processes - Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Other Skills:
- Acute attention to detail, with advanced analytical and organization skills.
- Proficient in various computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Lawson knowledge desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in researching, concluding and documenting technical accounting and audit matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge and understanding of ACS organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong time management skill with ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects, roles and responsibilities
- Experience preparing and assisting with the preparation of the Management's Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) section of financial reporting packages.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.