The Director, Strategic Entertainment Partnerships has oversight, accountability, and responsibility for developing relationships and leading account management for strategic partners, labels, festivals, talent and other assigned entertainment portfolios. This position will serve as the day to day client manager and will drive the strategic planning, activation and execution of partnerships. In addition, the candidate will lead development of a long-term entertainment strategies and the development of integrated marketing plans to drive relevance and revenue goals for ACS entertainment partnerships. This role requires an aggressive, experienced and motivated marketing professional with experience in the entertainment industry who will work with internal and external resources and guide all stages of the partnership development and execution.The position is for a very proactive, organized individual who is interested in being immersed in a team environment.
Reporting to the VP Entertainment, the Director, Strategic Entertainment Partnerships will:
- Provide strategic direction and develop fully integrated marketing plans as well as executing on those plans for all new and existing partners
- Work with other entertainment team members as well as internal and external resources to develop an annual strategic plan for entertainment programs designed to drive business results.
- Have the ability to leverage existing partnerships and ACS programs; Identify growth opportunities and assist in the creation of new revenue-driving national marketing programs designed to drive relevance and raise awareness for ACS.
- Responds rapidly and has a solid understanding of the demanding nature of entertainment work. Can adjust on the fly and delivery seamless execution of marking plans• Identify entertainment properties and talent to become potential partners and ambassadors to ACS. This person will design pitch documents designed to introduce ACS ’s key programs and mission messages and strategically outline why individuals/organizations should partner with ACS to create marketing value for themselves and/or meet their philanthropic and business objectives.
- Leads effective deployment of plans, campaigns, and tactics to critical audiences and internal and external stakeholders.
- Create strategic reports and presentations for delivery to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Region, Corporate Center and ACS CAN staff, within an entertainment context, through the identification and effective solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of current and perspective initiatives and other engagement opportunities.
- Develop relationships and liaise with internal and external teams and partners• Ensure brand consistency in all Entertainment initiatives• Provide strategic direction and insight for ambassador/partner and internal sponsorship initiatives.
- Provide regular, strategic project updates and measurement of initiative/event outcomes vs. objectives.
- Responsible for managing creative approvals using brand/legal/creative/guidelines• Oversee all on-site event operations and execution when necessary.
- Track new sponsorship requests from internal and external sources, evaluate proposals and provide recommendations.
- Manage entertainment pipeline for potential partnerships.
- Work with internal and external creative resources to ensure that ACS delivers on its program execution commitments in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively demonstrates the enterprise-wide mindsets: integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
- A preferred minimum of 12 years success in entertainment marketing and/ brand marketing and/or with marketing agencies.
- Proven success creating marketing programs, managing execution of events and stewarding client relationships.
- Minimum of 7 years preferred in a management/ supervisory
- Action oriented
- Builds networks
- Business insight
- Communicates effectively
- Drives results
- Situational adaptability
- Strategic mindset
- Understanding the entertainment marketing and business landscape.
- Proven team building and leadership experience working with all levels within an organization, including C-suite.
- Ability to analyze marketing situations, identify marketing opportunities and find creative marketing solutions. Ability to analyze and integrate information from a myriad of relevant sources.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close marketing partnerships.
- Demonstrated success managing sales-related and cross-functional teams.
- Outcome driven.
- Proven capability working in a sales and account management capacity.
- Ability to manage, monitor, and work with teams.
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communications skills that are effective with a range of audiences, external partners to internal staff.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Strong strategic planning skills and ability to develop tools to enable sales teams.
- Ability to create consensus among cross-functional teams and bring closure to projects/initiatives.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation/communication and development skills as well as basic knowledge in computer applications.
- Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Ideal candidate has a strong network of industry contacts that can be leveraged to create opportunities and drive revenue/mission deliverables.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel is required. Work setting is in typical office and/or home-based office.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.