Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a Director of Development Operations reporting to the Sr Director of Development Support and Operations in the Resource Development Division.This position collaborates to support Habitat's vision and direction for the Development Operations team and must have a thorough knowledge of HFHI systems and structures.
The Director will collaborate with other teams at HFHI to design, implement and maintain efficient and accurate business processes for improved donor interactions. The Director of Operations will have oversight for complex business processes, keeping the donor relationship a priority. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
Working with the Senior Director and collaborating with departments across the organization, the Director of Development Operations will oversee the establishment of best practices, policies, and procedures that will set a new standard for HFHI interactions with donors (75%)
- Develop and implement best practices for improving Resource Development's business processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders (various systems and processes) when establishing processes
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of documentation guidelines for all procedures involving special handling gifts
- Implement and enforce proper documentation policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other departments on best practices, policies and procedures
- Improve and implement processes to support RD Fundraising and cross-departmental processes
- Explore and implement best practices for trends and changes in the non-profit arena
- Ensure that the processes that are implemented support all applicable privacy law standards
- Utilize Continuous Improvement Methodology across all processes
Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for distribution to stakeholders across the organization (15%)
- Manage the RD Operations team, leading, coaching, and providing training and career development opportunities to department staff. Manage department budget and expenses. Provide complex problem resolution for Operations team as needed (10%)
- 10 years of related experience
- Excellent organizational skills, oral & written communications; Strong negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Collaborates with Management to find solutions, maintain trust based relationships, and has the propensity to be accountable for the creation and development of an annual budget and subsequent financial reporting
- A strong personal and professional credibility, personal integrity and the ability to lead a team
- Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office, spreadsheet and database management software proficiently.
- Knowledge of & experience in Fundraising Operations & Continuous Improvement Methodologies
- Experience and proven ability to motivate, develop and lead a diverse team