CTE is seeking a Development Coordinator to support the development and management of fundraising strategies, major outreach programs, and other events in support of CTE’s mission. The Development Coordinator will report directly to CTE’s Development Director, and will gain firsthand experience in strategic planning efforts to increase the capacity of a growing non-profit organization in a growing industry. Primarily, the Development Coordinator will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising and relationship management, including working with a team to create, implement, and maintain the fundraising, development, and communications strategy for CTE.
The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and St. Paul. This job opportunity is located in Atlanta. CTE staff continues to primarily work from home with little to no travel during the pandemic, however the Atlanta office is currently open with limited occupancy and social distancing requirements in place.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $600 million in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 200 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit www.cte.tv.
· Assist with the creation and implementation of the Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including grants, fundraising, donor management, event management, and brand growth
· Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding
· Assist in writing grant proposals
· Assist Development Director with Board of Directors management
· Management of CTE’s keystone annual industry event, the Zero Emission Bus Conference, in September 2021
· Work with the communications and outreach team to establish and adhere to event budgets, assist with event preparation, and attend events to assist with set up, implementation, and clean up
· Attend networking events with the Development Director to increase professional network, refine relationship management skills, and enhance CTE’s outreach and capacity
· Maintain database for all development, outreach, and fundraising activities, and design and run reports to track fundraising goals
· General support for the Development Director including meeting coordination, logging/tracking action items, and creation of final deliverables
· Five years of proven fundraising/event coordination and management experience is required
· Experience in the non-profit business sector is preferred
· Experience with donor management, sustainability, climate resilience, zero-emission vehicles, and/or graphic design is a plus
· Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers
· Ability to foster positive relationships with current and potential business partners/donors
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge and experience with CRM data entry systems and reporting (e.g. Salesforce)
· Ability to work well in a small team environment to promote company initiatives
· Ability to learn about new technologies and their applications
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through with minimal direction
· Strong computer and word processing skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
· Willingness to pitch in when/where needed
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The closing date for this posting is currently scheduled for Friday, January 15, 2021.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CTE is committed to championing inclusivity, diversity, and equity through our pursuit of a zero-emission future. We are motivated by our mission to improve the health of our climate for all people. Our staff seek to create a community where your identity is not only embraced, but celebrated. Whatever your race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status may be, we welcome and encourage all individuals to join us in transforming transportation.
CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.