Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is in search of an experienced Associate Director of Financial Reporting to join their team. In this role, this individual will be responsible for financial reporting under generally accepted accounting principles. This will include the ability to account for foreign exchange gains and losses that are both hedged with derivative instruments and that are unhedged. The position will also interact with the auditors on all matters. Additionally, this position will assist the director of financial reporting with code management. They will also be able to assist in answering any complex accounting questions that come in related to HFHI, branches, and/or affiliates.
- Prepare GAAP basis financial statements both on a monthly interim basis and for the year-end audit for Habitat for Humanity International and related companies. Provide the auditors all requested documentation needed for successful completion of the annual audit. - 30%
- Assist with the management of codes, ensuring that the code balances are free of errors and that the funds are utilized in a timely manner. - 20%
- Assist the director of financial reporting in additional internal reporting needing to be done to Habitat for Humanity's various constituents. - 20%
- Answer questions and perform research into any new GAAP developments that may affect the reporting of Habitat for Humanity and its related companies. - 20%
- Assist with closing process by drafting monthly journal entries arising from reclassification entries requested by various department/fund/project managers after their review of their monthly reports. - 10%
- Years of Related Experience: 6+
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP required.
- Strong computer skills, including extensive knowledge of Excel and database management and experience with various accounting software packages.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, team-building skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional environment with multi-national staff.
- Active support of HFHI Values: Team Collaborator – Good Steward – LEAN/Continuous Improvement – Graceful Candor – Heart for the Mission – Personal Integrity
- Master's Degree and/or CPA preferred
- Two to four years in non-profit industry with similar responsibilities preferred.
- International experience a plus.