We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Brand Strategy, the Assistant Director of Cause Marketing & Strategic Partnerships is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of marketing strategies and activations for March of Dimes corporate partnerships, media partners and strategic alliances, as well as integration of partnership activations into the organizational year-round marketing plan.
The Assistant Director of Cause Marketing & Strategic Partnerships will develop and implement the marketing strategy for year-round, partner-driven marketing programs and to maximize audience engagement and revenue.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and implement partner-focused marketing strategies that will drive mission awareness and revenue, while also strengthening awareness for the existing portfolio and enhancing the organization’s ability to attract relevant corporate and strategic partners. The Assistant Director will develop and implement the strategy for a national cause marketing and consumer engagement platform that positions the March of Dimes as a preferred charity of choice for major national corporations.
The Assistant Director of Cause Marketing & Strategic Partnerships will collaborate with colleagues in the Marketing and Communications Department, the Corporate Engagement Department, leadership team and key stakeholders within the national and regional offices to maximize the development, cultivation and activation of partnerships, as well as the national campaign. He/She will be responsible for ensuring best practices with corporate/cause partnership strategy based on industry trends, past performance, analytics, evaluation and feedback from internal and external stakeholders. The Assistant Director of Cause Marketing & Strategic Partnerships will collaborate closely with the Directors of New Business Development to support development of marketing strategies for new partnerships, as well as support on securing annual renewals and/or upgrades.
- Serve as lead marketing strategist and point on marketing execution/activation plans for organization’s corporate, media and strategic partnerships
- Leverage corporate, media and strategic relationships as a megaphone for amplification of organizational priorities, marketing opportunities and key moments
- Identify, develop and manage strategic opportunities for utilizing partners’ marketing offerings for the benefit of the organization, enhancing organizational value in areas of brand awareness and engagement
- Design and implement marketing plans and activation strategies for corporate and media partnerships, in collaboration with Marketing, Mission and Corporate Engagement teams
- Oversee development of full suite of marketing tools to support a successful corporate partnership program, including but not limited to a refreshed partnership sales pitch deck
- Lead integrated strategy of organization’s tentpole campaigns and moments (i.e. sales strategy, call-to-action framework, campaign execution, impact measurement and marketing initiatives including social media, content development, influencer engagement and paid digital media plans)
- Provide expertise, leadership and guidance to new business team and regional colleagues on various elements of partnerships strategy, including support on prospect identification, identifying evolving opportunities for corporate integration and evolution of organization’s value proposition
- Manage and serve as lead point of contact for agencies engaged with the organization around national cause marketing campaigns and March of Dimes tentpole moments
- Partner with Communications and Creative team in terms of messaging, both broadly to consumers and to specific target audience segments.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team on constituent and target audience insights, data analytics, and consumer market research needs in order to drive the creation of innovative marketing strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of target demographic segments across a variety of data sources (internal donor database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to drive marketing campaigns and strategies
Collaboration & Process
- Support New Business Development team on creation of partnership proposals and sales pitches, share best practices with regional colleagues
- Work in alignment with internal stakeholders and key department staff to produce comprehensive strategies to guide the integration of corporate partner campaigns and the tentpole marketing campaigns across the organization
- Develop and refine processes and discipline to increase efficiency in partnership strategy, creation, and execution of deliverables
- Lead cross-departmental working team supporting development of corporate and media partnership activations and consumer call-to-action planning, working collaboratively across all areas of organization as an advisor and partner on opportunities
- Partner with market staff to advance existing local corporate and strategic relationships through guidance on strategy development of marketing programs
Stewardship Partnership Activation
- Working with Corporate Engagement department and Marketing and Communications leadership, design marketing strategies and initiatives for national, regional and market office roll-out and adoption, providing clear guidelines and holistic/standard tools to support like partnerships
- Collaborate with the national corporate partnerships account management team, supporting the day-to-day execution and stewardship of partners to increase awareness and engage consumers and employees for the organization and our mission
- Provide recommendations to Marketing and Corporate Engagement Department leadership to help refresh consumer-facing partnership activations, in order to maximize growth and expansion opportunities
Measurement, Reporting & Analysis
- Develop and oversee national campaign measurement plan and provide ongoing monitoring to ensure the campaigns deliver on March of Dimes’ strategic objectives and partner expectations
- Regularly communicate plans, report on results and set expectations with executive and leadership teams and other stakeholders
- Stay current on consumer trends, competitive landscape insights and best practices in cause marketing, retail, digital engagement and corporate sponsorship; convert insights into actionable recommendations for Marketing and Corporate Engagement to drive awareness and revenue opportunities
- Act as education resource to internal and external stakeholders (i.e. partners) on the landscape of cause marketing, consumer engagement, call-to-action strategies and corporate/cause partnership activations
- 5-7 years experience.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience developing marketing communications plans and executing against those plans.
- Strong project management skills needed. Position can work remotely.