Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking a Global Village & Discovery Center Associate – Tours/Marketing. This role will support the day-to-day operations of HFHI's Global Village and Discovery Center (GV&DC), including presenting and maintaining a high quality product. The ideal candidate for this role will also ensure that all visitors to the center have a positive experience while increasing their individual awareness of HFHI's mission, goals, and programs.
- Greet visitors and give presentations to groups within the GV&DC including compressed earth block demo.
- Book tours, maintain tour reservation calendar and arrange tour logistics.
- Market the GV&DC to schools, civic groups, and tour companies while researching new markets.
- Assist manager with donor brick program, mailing certificates, thank you letters, and emailing brick photos.
- Collect and record fees and donations given at the GV&DC.
- Forward monthly financial reports to accountant.
- Assist with GV&DC gift shop, making sales, stocking shelves, and keeping sales records.
- Monitor GV&DC houses and assist in cleaning, sweeping,and dusting in the village structures.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent customer service and guest relations skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator - must be able to positively and enthusiastically host a wide variety of visitor types
- Basic business and computer skills, especially Microsoft Office.
- Ability to quickly learn all phases of GV&DC computer needs including Point Of Sale (POS) program
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to lead walking tours, and work in village houses outside
- Experience handling money
- Must be able to work Saturday rotation
Beneficial but not required:
- Experience working with large groups of people, especially students
The GV&DC is open most Saturdays from March through November. Hours of operation will be Mon-Fri, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Saturdays 10:00-2:00.