The Transportation/Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing safe, healthy facilities in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as assisting in the overall management of the Head Start facilities and regular health/safety inspections of its buildings, vehicles and facilities.
As a front line representative of Save the Children the position holder is required to ensure the safety and security of children and families that he/she come in contact with and represent the agency values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of a facilities purchasing system, security and maintenance system, storage warehouse, Safety Committee, and compliance system with ADA, OSHA, and other laws/regulations.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of the most efficient/safest routes with drives, utilizing manuals and videos for staff training, ensuring drivers’ compliance with regulations, developing a driver evaluation system, and substituting as a driver as needed.
- Provides hiring input for maintenance staff, maintains inventory of all program supplies and equipment, establishes an inspection and repair system, and completes necessary paperwork for fuel vendors.
- Serves as handyman, as needed, for minor facility repairs, cleaning, moving, storage, etc.
- Assists the center supervisor in coordinating custodians’ work, reviewing employee recruitment/selection, identifying/training staff in on-the-job standards/goals with input, and educating employees through workshops and training sessions.
- Responsible for understanding and implementation of occupational prevention regulations, Department of Transportation regulations, Head Start performance standards, and special local, state, and federal regulations.
- Serve as bus driver, as needed or necessary.
- Completes Basic First Aid and CPR certification, as well as qualifications for a Commercial Driver’s License and other necessary certifications.
- Two years relevant experience and demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance/management.
- Knowledge of local health/safety regulations and requirements (e.g. ADA and OSHA) preferred.
- Previous experience with lease managements and contracting preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid CDL driver’s license (with School Bus Endorsement), and ability to be insured through Save the Children’s insurance carrier.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.