Partner with the Discovery Shop Vice President, Field Managers and Discovery Shop Headquarters Team, with a primary focus on the assigned Multi Metro Market(s) and with the objective of growing Discovery Shop business through a detailed exploration of all baseline business practices. To include but not limited to: Staff and Volunteer recruitment, training and management, income development, store operations and administration, financial performance, mission integration, corporate communications and local, Market, Statewide and Regional collaborations.
- Facilitate the ongoing growth and development of shops, Field Managers, Shop Managers/Asst. Managers, Shop Staff and Volunteers through training and coaching of Discovery Shop team members.
- Mentor and coach Field Managers, Store Managers/Asst. Managers/Sales Associates, Leadership Volunteers and Volunteer Staff in recruiting, retaining, recognizing/rewarding, training, developing and educating Volunteers to maintain the most productive shop management structure.
- Work with Field Managers, Staff and Volunteers on devising and implementing ways to continuously grow the shops’ business.
- Monitor and analyze gross and net income growth and report all unusual variances and work toward productive solutions.
- Regularly assess adherence to Discovery Shop Headquarters, Region and ACS sanctioned policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the further development and implementation of monthly planning calendars, including individually tailored Signature Events and Market-wide, Statewide and/or Region sales, promotions and fundraising ventures.
- Guide Managers/Staff/Volunteers in developing stronger community connections outside of the shop resulting in increased donations, Volunteer recruitment and increased community market share.
- Conduct regularly scheduled (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) ongoing oral and written communication with all shops within the assigned jurisdiction of responsibility.
- Conduct in-store visits as needed or directed, meeting with Managers/Staff and Volunteers to address all areas of best business practices and to share all pertinent ACS information.
- Team with staff partner representatives of area Market(s) in order to further income development, cancer control and corporate communications collaborations and integrations.
- Work with the Discovery Shop Vice President regarding statewide Project Planning for increased income development and enhanced shop/ local community/Market(s)/Region integrations and collaborations.
- Work with the Discovery Shop Vice President in setting annual shop Net Income Growth Evaluation Levels and assessing all shop Standard Operating Procedures. This includes monitoring information dissemination, implementation and adherence.
- Work with the Discovery Shop Vice President on shop leases, including analyses, location scouting, negotiations, shop openings, closures and/or moves.
- 2 – 3 years multi-store management required.
- Knowledge of all the intricacies in running a Volunteer supported, quality resale, soft and hard lines business.
- Thorough comprehension of the many variables involved in training, managing and working with a diverse group of staff and volunteers is a foundational requirement.
- Understanding the American Cancer Society’s Mission and the effort and work required to reach the outcomes of the Organization’s goals are crucial to success in this position.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
- This position requires a person with excellent problem-solving abilities, as well as strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Special training and/or experience in multitask management and change management, as well as training and experience in the many aspects of the retail or resale industry are necessary.
- Non-profit and/or experience working with volunteers is an important skill for success in this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to effectively implement the multifaceted aspects of this position.
- Demonstrates Community Development Discovery Shop Competencies: Action oriented, Being resilient, Collaborates, Customer focus, Builds effective teams, Drives results, Manages complexity, Persuades