Where would the U.S. be without our nonprofit sector? We shudder to think.
We asked you why your favorite nonprofit is so vital to your community and were answered with a steady stream of moving and inspiring responses. We heard from organizations confronting poverty, incarceration, mental health issues, grief, disabilities, and illness. We heard from animal lovers, child advocates, veteran advocates, and civil rights defenders.
While the news drops one discouraging story after another, #WhyNonprofits reminded us of all the people fighting for good across the nation every day. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Our winner had the highest tally of shared, liked and retweeted posts across Facebook and Twitter. Drum roll please....
Prize: A one year, unlimited subscription at NationalNonprofits.org (valued at $4,999).
Super Stars Literacy Inc. from Oakland, CA
Super Stars Literacy's mission is to provide extended learning time intervention services to under-performing K-2nd grade students, helping them develop the literacy and social skills that are the foundation for future learning.
There were so many great organizations actively participating in this contest that we couldn't just leave it at one winner. We've decided to award 10 other participants with $300 worth of credits each to post jobs at NationalNonprofits.org:
- Seneca Family of Agencies (Oakland, CA)
- Ocean Mental Health Services Inc. (Bayville, NJ)
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence (Albuquerque, NM)
- Pioneer Human Services (Seattle, WA)
- Family Health Partnership Clinic (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Lil Hobson for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren of Brevard County, FL (Rockledge, FL)
- Rubicon Programs (Richmond, CA)
- Autism Empowerment (Vancouver, WA)
- GivingTuesdayNM (Albuquerque, NM)
- School Lunch Fairy (Wellington, FL)
To claim your prize email us at [email protected]. Winners also have the option to gift their credits to another nonprofit organization.
Thank you to all the participants and thank you to the 14 million people that work at nonprofit organizations in the US. We greatly appreciate these courageous, brave, dedicated, passionate and wonderful people that make helping others their careers.
We salute you and thank you!
The team at National Nonprofits