To provide professional development and fundraising expertise in support of Celia's House in Holmes Park for Hospice in line with the mission and values of our non-profit, Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice (SOFH).
This position is responsible for implementing and coordinating SOFH donation strategies. The role involves managing and building relationships with donors, organizing fundraising events and other initiatives such as planned giving, annual campaigns, and memorial, tribute or legacy gifts. This position staffs the SOFH Donor Support Committee.
- Staff SOFOH Donor Support Committee.
- Implement organizational donor support program.
- Identify, meet, and steward prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow gift programs including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Build planned giving programs with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct annual fund programs, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice and Celia’s House at Holmes Park.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Stay abreast of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Applicant must be able to:
- Perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Have the ability to support a culture of kindness, compassion and respectful end of life care.
- Satisfactorily pass an employee alcohol and drug screen.
- Satisfactorily pass a criminal records check per state law.
- Meet the following education and experience requirements.
- Applicant must have the following experience unless otherwise specified:
- The applicant must have a minimum of five years’ experience in fund development preferably in the nonprofit field.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques and strategies.
- Be familiar with donor databases and other fundraising technology.
- Have exceptional interpersonal, public presentation, oral and written communication skills and abilities.
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Have excellent organizational skills and abilities.
- Have the ability to work with members of the SOFH Board of Directors, staff and volunteers in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- IT proficient including Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Hospice
- Development work experience in the Jackson and Josephine County area
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31.00 to $35.00 /hour