We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Program Associate to join The Center for Scientific Evidence in Public Issues (EPI Center). Assisting the Project Director, EPI Center, this individual will manage individual projects and provide critical research support, including projects that focus on racial bias in policing and criminal justice, combining social science expertise with policy experience.
The AAAS Center for Scientific Evidence in Public Issues (EPI Center) makes it easier for policymakers and the public to access relevant scientific evidence and information. The EPI Center brings clearly and strategically communicated scientific evidence on a select number of public issues to decision-makers so they can better integrate scientific evidence into their decision-making process.
This position is part time, up to 32 hours a week. Some flexibility in the schedule is possible.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Project Director on critical social science, health and economics related projects.
- Research and implement EPI Center projects, providing well-communicated, scientifically-excellent, and policy-relevant scientific evidence and information to decision-makers and influencers on public issues.
- In collaboration with the Center Communications Director and Project Director, develop outreach materials to promote Center initiatives and maximize their impact with target audiences at national, state and local levels.
- Monitor key issues and ideas in science, technology and public policy to identify potential Center projects.
- Identify and build a network of science and science policy experts to support science assessments and communications plans as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of a master’s degree in science or a science-related field required, including relevant social sciences; PhD strongly preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in science, science policy, science communications or a related field, to include working with PhD-level professionals
- Excellent writing and strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and on deadline
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/seniorprogramassociate
Submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample by September 4, 2020. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.