Organization: KeyPoint Alliance (KPA), Inc. (www.1kpa.org)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Title of Position: Administrative Support Specialist: 1 Full-Time and 1 Part-Time (please indicate in your cover letter if you are applying for part-time or full-time)
Department: TRIO Programs
Reports To: Program Director
Working Conditions: Professional office environment with occasional local travel. Although regular work hours are typically 8:30-5 pm Mon-Fri, work requires occasional evening and weekends
Salary Range: $34,000-38,000 full-time / $15-$18 per hour for part-time up to 25 hrs per week (pay will be commensurate with qualifications, and experience)
General Function (Description):
This position supports three (3) pre-college TRiO Programs, which consist of three Upward Bound projects. The goal of TRiO’s pre-college programs is to increase the number of low- income, potential first-generation college students to stay in school, take a rigorous curriculum, graduate from high school, and enroll in and eventually graduate from college. This position provides clerical and administrative support to the TRIO staff. This includes (but is not limited to) duties from general reception to project data processing, records management, purchasing, scheduling, workflow/project tracking and assisting the programmatic needs of the TRIO staff. This is a full-time benefits eligible grant funded position.
- Monitors office and maintains project databases of three (3) TRiO Programs; creates and submits reports.
- Assist staff in the office, at school sites, etc. with the planning, preparation and coordination of services and activities such as student programming, parent workshops, correspondences, general communication (telephone and email contacts), newsletters, and field trips, etc.
- Files and assist with monitoring expenditures of grant funds to meet the programs’ budgetary needs.
- Prepares monthly reports to submit to TRIO staff.
- Responsible for collecting data, updating and maintaining three (3) TRiO Projects databases as well as filing and inputting student information (i.e. entering applications, attendance, and contacts, etc.) in student database.
- Assist with monitoring work-study students, participants, and volunteers at the office and/or on various school sites, events, etc. as needed.
- Coordinates paperwork, scheduling and payroll for tutoring program.
- Acts as the office key point of contact in the absence of the TRiO staff during times they are performing field work.
- Plans and makes arrangements for staff and participant travel (transportation, lodging, admissions, tickets, etc.).
- Assist with chaperoning TRIO participants on college tours, educational and cultural activities and field trips.
- Helps to prepare newsletters, flyers and drafts program correspondence; assists with copying and printing.
- Assist in reconciling monthly expenditures.
- Attends to and initiates calls to and from parents, school personnel, community organizations, businesses, etc.
- Sends mailings, text messages and voice recordings to participants and parents; Maintain TRIO social media sites and programming calendar.
- Takes notes at TRIO staff meetings; prepare and distribute minutes.
- Assists staff with the U.S.D.E’s annual performance reporting requirements as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, as well as efficient organizational and time management skills.
- Possess sound judgment, and solid decision-making skills.
- Be able to follow directions/directives, as well as be conscientious and detailed oriented.
- Be comfortable dressing in professional business attire and having an overall professional appearance at work.
- Provide excellent customer service and possess the ability to foster positive interactions with the KPA-TRIO staff, school administrators, teachers, staff, students, parents, alumni, and the public.
- Highly proficient in typing, filing and information technology including MS Office Suite, internet usage/research, etc. (social media savvy a plus).
- Be sensitive to the needs of a diverse population and have the ability to confidently speak in front of groups.
- Be a quick starter and learner, and able to take initiative.
- Be able to communicate on the go and make frequent site visits and travel locally to help support TRIO staff serving Metropolitan Atlanta and Douglasville area.
- Be aware this is not a 100% remote or work from home position
Education At least 1 year of postsecondary education required; a minimum of an associate’s degree is preferred.
Years of Experience At least 1 year of experience working in an office setting required; 2 years preferred.
Other Requirements A criminal background check and drug screening is required. Some evenings and weekend work is required.
Please See Above for Compensation Information
Please note: Benefits eligible position includes (for full-time staff only):
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter and Summer Break Closure Periods in late December and late July
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Professional Development Opportunities (local and national)
- Annual Bonus for Top Performers
- Subsidized Downtown Parking
- Onsite Fitness Center
- And more!
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Although you may initially and simply send us your resume and cover letter to be reviewed, all qualified applicants will need to complete an application to advance the opportunity to be considered and/or interviewed for the position. When completing the application, applicants must:
- Complete the entire application for this position (including salary information). Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Provide a cover letter expressing interest in the position.
- Attach or include a resume detailing experience
- Provide the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. At least two (2) of the three (3) professional references must be current or former supervisors.
The application can be found at the following link (please cut and paste link into your browser to apply), but please specify if you are interested in the part-time OR full-time position: https://kpa.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2x23zbr6dg4
If you desire more than the advertised salary range, unfortunately your application can not be considered. Also, please complete the entire application. Incomplete applications can not be reviewed.