The Executive Director (ED) oversees the day-to-day management of COCA-I. The ED answers to the Board of Directors. The ED shall submit a report of the operations of COCA-I at each Board of Directors meeting and notify the Board at any time of matters deemed to be of strategic importance.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) has operational responsibility for
COCA-I’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
The Executive Director is responsible for:
- Overseeing the administration of COCA-I, programs and services and the implementation of the strategic plan of COCA-I. Key duties include communications, budgeting, programming, professional development, and program evaluation.
- Planning and holding the COCA-I Annual Conference.
- Overseeing the fiscal integrity of COCA-I, including budget management and revenue generation, by ensuring best practice in processes and systems.
- Compliance of the Association with applicable legislation.
- Working with the Board of Directors on strategic planning, execution of plan, and prioritizing key actions.
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting a strong Board of Directors; serve as a non-voting member of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic directions.
The ideal candidate for this role embraces servant-leadership as well as a thoughtful approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational leadership. Qualified candidate should bring:
- At least four or more years of prior executive experience as a successful leader of a related nonprofit organization and/or organization
- A proven track record of growing organizational capacity and programmatic impact.
- A strong passion for the mission and programs of COCA-I.
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a complex budget.
- Passion for creative program creation and organizational funding growth.
- Ability to review current organizational programs/structures and make recommendations that empower programmatic refinements.
- Capacity to excel at influencing and leading an organization towards positive growth.
- Capable of designing and directing strategies that enhance and support organizational operations.
- Knowledge of how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity among organizational staff in order to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Experience in creating and establishing clear, measurable business goals.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with media, staff, and the community.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communicate on skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- This is a flexible part-time position approximately 24-30 hours per week. From time-to-time requirements may vary depending upon circumstances. The COCA-I Executive Director is a tele-commuting, work-at-home position. Travel may be required to support COCA-I activities. In addition to compensation, COCA-I will reimburse for internet and computer usage.
- Application Deadline- October 15th 2021
- Questions: Please direct all questions to [email protected]
Pay Range - $45,000 - $55,000/year
Please apply using our online form at https://www.cocai.org/component/chronoforms5/?chronoform=ED_Job_Applicat...