The Senior Business Analyst leads, manages and analyzes all aspects of mid-level complexity IT products or services to optimize organizational efficiency. The Senior Business Analyst may serve as a point-of-contact within IT for one or more business areas. This position will be a member of the IT Constituent Engagement Systems team, with primary focus on relationship management with and support for TNC’s Marketing, Membership and Development business teams.
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes, tests and evaluates mid-level systems, products, services, operations and user needs to optimize organizational efficiency. They gather and document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to achieve overall business strategies. They help formulate business cases and work with other IT teams to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. They perform technical analyst activities and make recommendations in areas that require a medium to high level of technical competency. They may ensure the reliability, availability, performance and recoverability of systems. They collaborate laterally with other IT staff to identify and leverage solutions across business units. They may lead mid-level projects and advise other IT Analysts. They may be responsible for project or task management and issues related to implementing and establishing technical standards and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Work in lateral teams to provide guidance and specific expertise to business teams on products/systems.
- Be knowledgeable about the strategies, goals, actions and work processes of the business/system/service/operations they work with.
- Conduct analysis of business or technical user needs, develop business cases, document requirements and develop system specifications.
- Provide IT support for mid-level to complex business or technical activities.
- Act as a liaison between IT and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction.
- Adapt and/or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Be well-versed in specific industry best practices, with an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization.
- Work effectively across multiple mid-level complex projects.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for IT tasks.
- Write and maintain detailed systems documentation, including user manuals and technical manuals.
- Translate user and/or systems requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Establish control policies in accordance with best practices and define benchmarks and measures.
- Ensure proper coordination and collaboration with other teams.
- Suggest changes using analytics to support recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Develop and execute test plans to confirm user requirements.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Be willing to travel and work flexible long hours and on the weekend.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- 5 years of experience as a business analyst or other technical profession in Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience in defining and documenting systems requirements.
- Experience in communicating effectively with interanl and external audiences.
- Experience with client/customer relationship management.
- Experience with fundraising or grants management in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with and/or exposure to Marketing, Membership, Development or Government Relations processes and platforms.
- Specific experience with Blackbaud products, SAS CI 360 or other fundraising tools considered a plus.
- Strong ability to analyze and model business processes and recommend solutions.
- Experience with software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Experience with the development and execution of test plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Supervisory experience or experience managing a team of peer professionals.
- Vendor management experience.
- Strong dedication to the development of succesful customer outcomes.
- Ability and desire to mentor and train others.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.